Check out my one of a kind crew cab

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Check out my one of a kind crew cab

Post by AVTekk »

Hey fellas, I havnt been here in a while so I figured Id give you an update on my 1994 crew cab Ive been building.

Yes, its titled as a 94; I found a 2001 crew cab at a junkyard a while back and couldnt pass it up. Shortly thereafter, I pulled my 94 SS S10 off the road, parted it out, and built this truck.

I started out with a 95 front frame clip cut off at the firewall. I then built my own frame out of 3x3 box tubing under the cab, then switched to 2x3 under a 1998 7.5' longbed that I also got my hands on. I dropped the front horns 3", and completed a 3" stock floor bodydrop, effectively covering up the frame rails and kissing the asfalt with the rocker panels without losing any head or foot room. The rear frame is also the air tank for the truck (appx. 2.26gal), along with two 5gal tanks for extra capacity. Also housed underneath is a 20gal fuel cell, two compressors, and an optima battery. The bedfloor was raised 7" to make everything line up.

Under the hood is a 1996 limited edition LT4 Vette motor (underrated at 330hp stock) in front of a 94 4L60e trans. Cooling is handled by a modified 94 4.3 radiator with 3rd gen F-body fans. This beast moves itself with a 2-piece shaft, the front half custom made while the back section is stock from a 96 ext cab s10. The rear is a standard 7.5" out of a 96 Hombre loaded with a Camaro Zexel Torsen differential.

The exterior features a few mods now with many to come. I pie-cut and sectioned a 98 Nissan Frontier bumper for the front, with a 95 s10 grill and Goodmark hood. The paint is rattle-can special until I get all the body mods done, its not the best but I just hate having a multi-colored truck. In these pictures its rolling on 20x8.5" rims altho they arnt mine, and the truck can fit 22s in the back if I decide to go that big. The interior has the 94 dash and column, 98 Blazer floor shifter, and 4 bucket seats out of Pontiac Sunfires.

Let me know what you guys think, its obviously a big work in progress but Ive driven it from NJ to Missouri already this year and it rides like a cadillac. BTW its 19'4" long, however I have yet to weigh it, altho I will soon. ttyl
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

That ain't nothin...... I spray painted my frame yesterday and dumped out my ash tray. ............. :lol: Great ride !! looks like a one of a kind. I have never seen a slammed S-Crew B4. fantastic work.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Thats pretty sweet, the "SS" badges are a nice touch too
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Very nice!

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I like it!!! :D

Is the paint job finished? Am just curious because of the "dull" look.

Did you ever sell the Crew's bed?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I think it looks pretty sweet with that bed. Too bad our trucks didnt come like that from factory.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

8) Cool, you have to bring it to Trucks at Carlisle next year.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

thanks fellas. i wanted to bring it to carlisle this year but i had driveshaft issues; the current setup seems to be working fine tho. i brought a customers blazer that i just finished instead and that got a lot of looks as well.

as stated, the paint is just a rattle-can job because the truck was 3 different colors beforehand and that drives me crazy. i also have a lot of body work to do, so in the transition before paint, i can keep it this color instead of having big primer spots all over it.

i was never able to sell the crew cab bed, so i held onto it. look forward to me building another truck with a standard cab and the short 4' bed behind it; i want to own the shortest s10 in the world too :D

the SS badges are there because those doors are off my 94 SS. i posted a pic of it before, but heres another one, in both its lowered and lifted stages. also heres a pic of my engine bay.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Short and lifted would be cool...just don't want to stop too fast .·´¯):roflmao: .·´¯) :roflmao:.·´¯) :roflmao:.·´¯)
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

na itll be bagged and dropped as well. actually id like to do both, the dropped one would be cheaper and a lot easier, but the lifted one would be a lot of fun.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

looks great good work
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

definetly a custom . good work and skills . I only wish i had that amount of time , skill , and money .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Sweet work Av - let us know when it gets a coat of paint!
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

8) AV that is very neat. get some Pic when u get it Painted
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

thanks, will do! altho it wont be any time soon..
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

This one is pretty sweet...more my style :)

Image[/quote]
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

that's just nutz!!!!!!! :shock:
AV that's one badd ride bro
:schwing:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

AV! That is SOOOOOO SWEET! I sure wish I had the the skills (and the tools!) to do a project like that! I LOVE it. Can't wait to see it with the paint laid down, bro!
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Jim wrote:Short and lifted would be cool...just don't want to stop too fast .·´¯):roflmao: .·´¯) :roflmao:.·´¯) :roflmao:.·´¯)
Actually an all out rockcrawler with a short bed and a shortened frame would be sweet, - would reduce rear overhang and allow for much steeper departure angles - something like this land cruiser ->

[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
bagged sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by bagged sonoma »

Damn AV, not to sound like Paris Hilton, but that's HOT! I own a crew for my daily and have a 96 sonoma which is my project. I BD'd it 3&3/4 inches. For the past year I've been looking for a wrecked crew cab to do exactly what you've done to yours, with no luck. Sorry to see you beat me to it, but nice job. That's a bad a$$ ride. Can't wait to see it complete. Good luck
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

thanks man. are you on S10Forum at all? because theres lots of guys from long island on there bodydropping their trucks like crazy..
bagged sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by bagged sonoma »

yeah i'm on s10forum, as well as streetsourcemag, with the same username. I've talked to a few guys from there like dagreenmonster. I haven't been able to meet any of them yet though. Here's the link to my profile on ssm

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile. ... leID=16862
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Check out my one of a kind crew cab

Post by killian96ss »

AVTekk wrote:Under the hood is a 1996 limited edition LT4 Vette motor (underrated at 330hp stock) in front of a 94 4L60e trans.
Nice choice for a motor. :thumb: Your right about it being underated @ 330 hp. When GM used to sell the LT4 crate motor they had it listed @ 375 hp, and with the Hot cam 430 hp. Your S10 must really get up and go with that motor. 8)

Steve
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

yes sir, it ran 13.0 @ 103mph with bad traction when it was in my SS.