Puddle Lights MOD

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Puddle Lights MOD

Post by S10CREW01 »

My wife and I where talking about our car and how she liked the lights off of the side view mirrors. In is a nice feature. It’s a great idea for those late nights. :idea: I was thinking about taping into the dome list that comes on with the remote entry. Has any one done this? Or have any ideas?
Last edited by S10CREW01 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I cant recall where I have seen them but you can buy aftermarket mirrors that have them built in
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Yea...those mirrors go for around $15 on Ebay....although I'd opt for the more expensive version to be safe :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

That is just it I dont want to change out the mirriors I just want to up grade them....
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

I guess you all have me wrong, not the turn signal lights. A Puddle Light (a small light on bottom of housing) that comes on with the keyless entry.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

How about going ricer but only hooking it up to the valet lights so they go off in 30 sec or so?
jcwhitney web site
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I know what you are talking about. You would have to cut a hole in your mirror though. Are you prepared for that? Then you would have to glue the wire down, so it wont be damaged by the power part of the mirror. You could tap into the lights under the kick panels, that would be easier than running wires to the dome light. Take pics, cuz I have been thinking about doing the same thing.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

After looking around abit on the WWW I found these 2 links both are for the Explorer Sport Trac :

Puddle #1
Puddle Light How 2 #1

and/or

Puddle #2
Puddle Light How 2 #2

I will see what I can come up with and post pic's then..
Last edited by S10CREW01 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

All looks sweet! Be sure to post your pics & info when you get r dun!

I was gonna trade in my CC for a new Nissan Titan. Caused a HUGE blowout with the wife! So I'm keepin' the S-10 and modding the heck outta it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You could also wire up a bright white LED or two and mount them in the bottom of your mirror housings. A couple of white LED's will work fine for that, and won't be noticeable.
--Walt
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Or run a white underbody neon bar under the body near the frame on each side.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
blazing

Post by blazing »

I have seen lights like these mounted under cars with good results.
light
http://www.grote.com/cgi-bin/product.cg ... mber=62231
bracket
http://www.grote.com/cgi-bin/product.cg ... mber=43362
grommet
http://www.grote.com/cgi-bin/product.cg ... mber=92420
These should all be available thru napa or a tractor supply type store.
A set up like this should work pretty good as these are backup lights for dump trucks and such.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

S10CREW01 wrote:Puddle #2
Looks like that would get so covered in mud that it'd be useless anyway... then again it is on a ford :lol:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

blazing has a better idea with lights that are sealed, IMO. Those license plate lights would likely fill up with sediment.
I don't know about the size of those oval Grotes though.

Someone needs to find some nice bright , small LEDs. Those would be nice. I could see a set mounted in the mirrors being useful.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

www.superbrightleds.com

They have wide range. I have bought from them several times. Their brightest white LED's are similar to what you'd find in an LED flashlight. Just make sure that you get the correct resistor, as most of the intensities and colors require different resistors.
--Walt
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Hmmm... Sport-trac to have 4.6 V-8 in 2007 :schwing:
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

wamason wrote:www.superbrightleds.com

They have wide range. I have bought from them several times. Their brightest white LED's are similar to what you'd find in an LED flashlight. Just make sure that you get the correct resistor, as most of the intensities and colors require different resistors.
Another Great HOW 2 for the puddle lights:

Puddle Light LED

LED Sight