Skidz Cut-out Flares

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Skidz Cut-out Flares

Post by HenryJ »

New page added to the modifications page Skidz Cut-out Flares.

This may be a bit premature as I was not quite ready to reveal some of my plans.
For those who are interested the install that I did was fairly painless with only minor blood letting.
This is indeed part of my "plans".

The flares are comparable to Bushwackers material in thickness. The surface is rough. I don't see painting an option, since by the time they were sanded there would not be much material left and the surface itself does not lend itself to being painted easily.

The work involved in fitting and installing these is very comparable to the modifications required for adapting Bushwacker extend-a-fender flares. The benefit here is that you finish with a wheel well that is larger, rather than smaller.

They take quite a little bit of work to make them fit properly. The overall appearance is a little wavy, but the rough surface tends to hide that somewhat. The appearance is "bulbous" if that is even a word :lol: That is my impression :mg: They are smaller overall than the Bushwackers, yet the rear flares seem to stick out more.

The rears fit pretty well after filing to fit, and heating the lower portion to fit the bottom of the fenders. A little extra material would have been nice, but it works.
The fronts are very tight and you really have to watch how you mount them as to not expose too much of the body line. My apologies to AZS10Crew, Mark these were indeed very tight and angles are deceiving. Yours do look fine. Sorry if I offended. Peace.

The directions that came with mine were adequate, however confusing, I tossed them aside since I am a visual person and the photos were inadvertently not sent.

Templates are a must! You can make your own, or contact me. Send me a SASE and I'll give you a copy of the templates for marking the cuts that I made.

The edging is an issue that I have not yet resolved. I did not use the supplied edging, as I have dealt with that stuff before :? It never cures and the glue tends to "drip" in the heat. I also believe that it may be a little small to stay put adequately, by itself.

As you can see there are some issues to be resolved.

Now should you buy a set today? Heck ya!

These things open up the well to what it should have been!

The issue of not being able to find a replacement should Justin disappear is nothing to worry about. He assures me that half a dozen sets will be available at any given time, and heck the way that I made the cuts you could take all four off , bedliner the bodyline down and have a very nice looking truck. Or install Bushwackers with a little more modding.
I am not one bit worried now.

This is THE thing to do for bigger tires. Easy as cake. Done in the gravel of my driveway. :mg:

Let the questions begin :shock:
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hes the man :bounce: im excited about " the plans" man you really know how to get guys going ummmmmm

and you have pm :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

You did exactly what I would have wanted to do with the fronts had I the time, patience and skill. Good write-up and pics! :thumb:

And no worries about your previous fit comments in the other thread. I knew once I got your PM that you were probably going to get a set and you would see for yourself. :wink:

I know what you mean about "bulbuous" looking. As soon as mine were on I thought "I need much bigger tires now." Fortunately (or unfortunately) I found a customer of my store that has done a few SFA jobs to IFS trucks. Now all I need is some money. :)

And one more thing...you can paint that plastic no problem...if you have the PPG One Choice plastic prep system. [/product plug off] An added benefit of working at an automotive paint store. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

AZS10Crew wrote:...you can paint that plastic no problem...if you have the PPG One Choice plastic prep system. [/product plug off] An added benefit of working at an automotive paint store.
Good to know, thanks.
I have been out of the painting long enough that the technology has gone way past my expertise I am sure.
I was concerned with fisheye since there are so many small areas to trap contaminants, and no way to properly prepare them for good adhesion.

If someone wants to paint them body color we will start a thread and you can fill us in on the specifics :thumb:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

AZS10Crew wrote:... Good write-up and pics!
Anybody see anything in there that needs to be a little clearer?

Let's hear the critique, I'm open to making changes if need be.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

I think its perfect as those pics where it has the red lines show really clear what is removed so right there you know what you are getting into which is good. where as the auto cad pictures i send only gives you a small idea of what happends.

Well done!
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

teresav
Regular
Regular

Post by teresav »

Very nice instructions. Glad you came up with them before I had mine installed. How can you make your own "templates"?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

teresav wrote:Very nice instructions. Glad you came up with them before I had mine installed. How can you make your own "templates"?
By holding up the flare to the fender and using the measurements provided to draw the line needed.

Or, PM me ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Brule, do you think these flares will allow enough room to mount 32x11.5/15's with only a 2" BL and 1" T-bar crank? If so this might be the route I would take. I really want to run 32's & 4.10 gears with my current set up. :)

Steve
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Nice job Henry!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

teresav wrote:Very nice instructions. Glad you came up with them before I had mine installed.
Be sure to fill us in on how your install goes! I'd love to hear a professionals opinion on the install directions. They may have a better idea.

I tried to do my install in a fashion that anyone could do. I even opted to do it in a gravel driveway so that conditions would be less than perfect.
The plan was no welding, since most of you don't have welders available. This is the best that I could do. I think it works out pretty well.
If you wanted the fenders back to stock , most of the material is still there and could be rewelded. If you wanted to go without flares, the cuts could be filled, painted, and look just fine.
killian96ss wrote:Brule, do you think these flares will allow enough room to mount 32x11.5/15's with only a 2" BL and 1" T-bar crank?
I don't know for sure yet. I have 3.5" clearance running the 31x10.5-15's. It might be possible. These measure 30.7". If you are talking about a tire 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller per side. It just might work.

I am going to try some different combinations as soon as I can.

The biggest problem now will be that the frame is going to get rubbed. It looks to be the next closest interference problem. I have 1.25" spacers and clear OK, but larger tires may pose a new rubbing risk.

I really don't see any bigger cuts being an advantage without modifying the cab. These line up pretty well with the lower cab mount and the inner portion of the cab behind the inner fenderwell.

I'll keep you updated on my findings as resources become available.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

may fit 32s on aftermarket wheels with 3-4in backspacing
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i think it can be done :) anyone want to try hehe

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

with a tb crank and bl (before the sl) i test fited my 32s and with some trimming they would of fit. :x :bonk: 400 for cut outs or 1600 for sl ouch.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i would like to see someone run 32s with these and a bod lift :D

RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

plans for a 32" tire i have the bl and have to find time to install but my bud just brough a lift for his garage :)

I am also thinking about fabbing my own lift kit for the crew. no cutting just welding. 5 inch diff drop. Tough part for me is the cv angles. and relocation of the control arms. I would have to fab a new bracket on both sides. And add dual shocks while i am at it. But i am gonna rotate the diff so that the front driveshaft sits at a good angle instead of a binding one.

Man i need somebody with a SL to come and visit me so i can get some specs.

I wonder if i could fab a hummer's spindles onto the crew. They have a gearbox in them to drop the wheels down like 8 inches.
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

anything can be made to work :D lol. just would take a long time!

let us know how you make out as it would look sick

RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

i would have to go irs too and the brakes are relocated to just outside the diffs on the humvee

gotta make a couple calls back down to hood....free parts.....
lol

good thing i could walk to work. iffin i werent so lazy.
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

lol seem slike alot of work but man would that ever be cool

teresav
Regular
Regular

Post by teresav »

Wanted to show off my flares http://tv8.photosite.com/. A lot of trimming had to be done to make them fit properly. You were right about the trim I ordered Brule, not quite the right stuff. I probably will get some of the stuff you recommended. The trim on mine has been painted with some sort of flexible paint (maybe AZ can elaborate more on that) and I never did have it glued or taped on, so it will be easy to replace. We did not cut off any fender brackets that were stated in the instruction. I'm happy with the outcome and love the way they make the truck look!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

teresav wrote:Wanted to show off my flares...We did not cut off any fender brackets that were stated in the instruction...
Whoa! Paint matched too! Nice 8) Looks good!

Are you refering to these instructions- Skidz Cut-out Flares or the set that came with them?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

teresav looks good but it looks like you need some spacers in the rear :)
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:...it looks like you need some spacers in the rear
I don't think there is going to be a "fix" for that.
The rear flares need to be close to the same width as the front flares to retain some continuity and look somewhat correct. However the rear fenders on the "Isuzu" bed flare out as we well know. This creates a problem. The rear tires look like they are four inches narrower than the front.
The track on mine is close to the same since I am running 2" spacers in the rear.
Perhaps choosing 2.5" rear spacers would help? I doubt it would be enough though.
Most angles do not highlight the difference. Overall they look pretty good.

I'm not sure that adding enough spacer to make it "look" correct is the answer. The tire still needs to be able to travel up into the wheel well. Mine do fine with 2" spacers, but i really can't say how much wider will still work.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
teresav
Regular
Regular

Post by teresav »

I agree Jeff and I have some 1.25" spacers to put on, just haven't gotten to it yet.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:)
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:
jeff024 wrote:...it looks like you need some spacers in the rear
I don't think there is going to be a "fix" for that.
The rear flares need to be close to the same width as the front flares to retain some continuity and look somewhat correct. However the rear fenders on the "Isuzu" bed flare out as we well know. This creates a problem. The rear tires look like they are four inches narrower than the front.
The track on mine is close to the same since I am running 2" spacers in the rear.
Perhaps choosing 2.5" rear spacers would help? I doubt it would be enough though.
Most angles do not highlight the difference. Overall they look pretty good.

I'm not sure that adding enough spacer to make it "look" correct is the answer. The tire still needs to be able to travel up into the wheel well. Mine do fine with 2" spacers, but i really can't say how much wider will still work.
3" spacers coming for the back here, and 2" in the front. I'll post pics when I get everything done.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

wamason wrote:...3" spacers coming for the back here, and 2" in the front. I'll post pics when I get everything done.
For the "look" those front spacers may be a bit much? I really don't know. 3/4" wider is not going to be huge.

If they clear the front fenders OK, they will probably not rub the frame.

If you are going to run 31's there should be no problems. I wonder if the 33's would clear though?

Can't wait to see some pictures :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I want my wheels to line up with the flares as much as possible, and maybe even extend out a bit. I should be getting my 3" spacers soon and I'll post pics.

Eventually, when I see how the spacers fit with the flares and all, if I have room I might go with 32's...hopefully.
--Walt
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

whoa the first painted set and they look good :)

truck looks beefed :) i agree with the guys spacers are a good step

Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I got my flares today! :rock: They look great Justin :thumb:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:lol: steve u r mod crazy man :lol: r u going with bigger tires :shock:
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

your next jeggers
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

35" tires
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

thanks steve, let us know how the install goes :)

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

35" tires on the ifs = front end problems right bubaloo
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

jeggers wrote: r u going with bigger tires :shock:

Eventually plan on going with 33's. I don't have the bodylift so I think the 33's will fit really good with Justin's cut out flares. But that is going to be down the road a ways because I am going to have to change gears. Or I could run 35's until my front end falls apart and then go SFA. :wink:

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I'd like to get the flares but my 32"s look small now, i would need 35"s to fill the wheel whells.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Steve2003 wrote:Or I could run 35's until my front end falls apart and then go SFA. :wink:
Steve
:thumb:
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There are a few more here getting ready to install the flares, and some that already have.

What is needed for the install page?

Is everything clear on what to do?

A question was raised- "Can I use a dremel, jigsaw or cut-off wheel on a grinder , instead of the sawzall?" My answer was no. The front cuts are angled forward and require a 6" long blade to cut through five layers of sheetmetal. I just don't see another way.

Anyone find a better way?

Anything you would do , or did differently?

Another question- "Does Justin include the new edge trim?". I don't know, but if it is not I would suggest getting some from:
Trimco NC02-Black
Trimco® (A Division of Trim-Gard Company Limited)
472 Newbold Street
London, Ontario, Canada N6E 1K6
Tel: (519) 681-1090 or 1-800-265-6074
Fax:(519) 681-9880

info@trimco.info
sales@trimco.info

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I used a cutoff wheel to do mine and I would say there had to be a better way to do it. It took some extra coaxing with a hammer, screwdriver, and pliers to get the front pieces off.
[size=75]Mark
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

I wish I could ship my truck to Brule to have all the mods done (A large fee would be acceptable).
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I have confidence that there are people closer to you that are in the process of becoming experts. Perhaps they may be able to help you in the near future? ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Howdy Neighbors :P

I've made progress. The rear fenders are DONE! Used a jigsaw with a few metal cutting blades. Worked very well. Everything has been sanded and is ready for application. The front, on the other hand, will have to wait until next week for my buddy to get his sawzal back. :cry:
--Walt
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

jeff024 wrote:35" tires on the ifs = front end problems right bubaloo
sorry missed this awhile ago jeff, yes big time issues with that set up.

wam you got the flares on the rear or just the cuts? i cant wait to see :)

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Just the cuts on the rear. I've already test fitted and stuff, but I'm going to wait until I get the cuts made in the front before I put any flares on.
--Walt
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

sounds sweet!

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

wamason wrote:Just the cuts on the rear. I've already test fitted and stuff, but I'm going to wait until I get the cuts made in the front before I put any flares on.
Did you have any problems? What about finding the urethane sealer? Any tips for those getting ready to undertake this task?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:
wamason wrote:Just the cuts on the rear. I've already test fitted and stuff, but I'm going to wait until I get the cuts made in the front before I put any flares on.
Did you have any problems? What about finding the urethane sealer? Any tips for those getting ready to undertake this task?
I did use the sealer. No real problems on the rear. It was really a cakewalk.....just time consuming. Just be careful in your cutting. That's about it. Now the front....well....I'm not there yet, but I'm not looking forward to it.
--Walt
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What about edge trim? Did you get the new style that I used or the small "u-goo" trim?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I forgot about the Trim... Is anything similar to what you used at Autozone?
--Walt
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I really doubt it. A 4x4 shop , or body shop might even be a bit of a long shot.

Best bet would be to contact:

Trimco NC02-Black
Trimco® (A Division of Trim-Gard Company Limited)
472 Newbold Street
London, Ontario, Canada N6E 1K6
Tel: (519) 681-1090 or 1-800-265-6074
Fax:(519) 681-9880

info@trimco.info
sales@trimco.info

It really is a specialty item. Not likely anyone will have any around unless the do flares. You might want to contact Reed. If you combine the order you might get a quantity discount?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My new tires

Post by c schoelen »

Hey... i recently purchased some 33 X 12.50 BF Goodrich M/T tires. I also got some new rock crawler rims with 4.75 back spacing. I have a 6" Superlift on my truck. The tires fit well, but i can not turn sharp at all with out them rubbing on the fenders. Do you think it would be better for me to purchase a 2-3" body lift or to buy these skidz cut-out flares to stop the rubbing? I also have trouble hitting large bumps or dips.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: My new tires

Post by HenryJ »

c schoelen wrote:Do you think it would be better for me to purchase a 2-3" body lift or to buy these skidz cut-out flares to stop the rubbing?
Flares.
Hands down.

The wheel openings are only 33 inches stock. Opening them up will yield much more than the 2" lift.

:wave: Welcome aboard!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:wave: welcome to the site c schoelen
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Hey c schoelen,
welcome to the site :wave:
Question on your interests : would that be ballon animals, fetish dolls or HE :roflmao:
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by c schoelen »

Thanks guys... i think that the flares would be better too. i liked the look of the skidz cut-out flares, but my i have to use my dads credit card to buy them and he won't send the number and stuff over email. Is there another place that is selling these that i can use paypal at or something so that i can get these. They are an awesome looking product. i would really like to get my hands on some.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Do an ebay search, sometimes Bubbaloo has a set on ebay. There is not one now, but I'm sure he will start a new one. Try to send him P.M. I got mine through ebay.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

c schoelen wrote:Is there another place that is selling these that i can use paypal at or something so that i can get these.
Justin (Bubaloo1983) is the guy that makes them and the only person/business that sells them. He might be able to arrange for payment by check or money order. He's very easy to work with :D

Oh, and BTW, Welcome! :wave:
--Walt
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

c schoelen wrote:Thanks guys... i think that the flares would be better too. i liked the look of the skidz cut-out flares, but my i have to use my dads credit card to buy them and he won't send the number and stuff over email. Is there another place that is selling these that i can use paypal at or something so that i can get these. They are an awesome looking product. i would really like to get my hands on some.
Justin Will Take Paypal Payments, Just PM Him For The Specifics, That's How I Paid For Mine.

:wave: And Welcome To The Forum
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by c schoelen »

thanks... ill talk to him about that. i really need these flares.
[size=75]2002 S-10 Zr5 with: 6" superlift, 15" black rockcrawler rims, Airaid Intake, and 33 X 12.50 BF Goodrich Mud terrian Tires. Skidz Cut-out Flares[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

After much nain biting, my flares have arrived. Woo-Hoo!!! Guess what I will be doing this weekend?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SONOMA915 wrote:Guess what I will be doing this weekend?
Bleeding? ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Heck Yea. My fiance is scared cuz she knows that as soon as I get a goody, I take the time to put it on right. Being picky is a good thing sometimes. Right?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SONOMA915 wrote:Being picky is a good thing sometimes. Right?
Absolutely! I'm not picky...don't ask anyone who has met me though :leave: :lol:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Maybe its not being picky. Its just a higher quality of standards we have!!!
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Hey HJ, I may have a few questions about the front install. I havent had any time to ponder them yet. Can I shoot you some questions?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sure, fire away.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Great. Thanks. I will be installing Saturday and maybe part of Sunday, depending on my pickyness. I mean my high quality standards. How are you replying back so quickly?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SONOMA915 wrote: How are you replying back so quickly?
Just lucky I guess.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I'll give you a buzz if I get stuck along the install. Thanks to you and Bubbaloo for all the great help.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I have a parade after lunch, then a banquet after that and late into the eve, but I'll check in when I can.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

HenryJ wrote:... What about finding the urethane sealer?
Some questions about the sealer came up.

This is the stuff I used:

3M Windo-Weld tm Super Fast Urethane
Part No. 0 51135-08609 (upc code is all the same numbers)
Net U.S. 10.5 fl. oz. (310 mL)

I bought it from my local NAPA. It is used to install windshields.

It will fit a standard caulking gun. You have to remove the pull tab lid from the bottom. Make sure they include the plastic applicator tip that screws onto the tube.

EDIT: I was aquainted with a Sika product that may work ok. Sika Cold Cure urethane. I am not sure , but it may require an activator to cure properly, and may be more expensive. Worth a look if you have problems locating the 3M product.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat May 13, 2006 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A few pictures:

Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I've redone three of my four flares and still not completely happy with my work. Everyone that has installed their flares probably already knew to fit them with the molding (not removing the tape to expose the adhesive part) on the flares. I didn't think of it until today :bonk: and it made for such an easier job and better fit after filing and or dremel tool. Anyway, I am done messing with them for now. Hopefully, I'll get use to them :!:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]