Bed Liners

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Bed Liners

Post by S10CREW01 »

What is better the plastic inserts or the spray in liner?

I have always been told the if water gets in under the plastic liner rust will form and with the plastic liner in you wont know until it's to late. How much truth is there to this?
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I would say that a spray in would be best if you wanna shell out the money for it. I've always had drop-in bed liners myself. From my experience, they do the job. Yes, if you don't get a good fitting one, then it will slide around & scuff & scratch the bed. Then with water getting in (mostly with condensation I would think) it can rust. But I have never experienced a large degree of any of this. IMHO the bed is still protected better than with no liner at all.

Take my two cents for what it's worth. :roll: About two cents! :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

aren't our beds galvanized? mine is pretty well scratched up under the factory liner and there's no hint of rust (that I can see anyway).

I think it depends really on what you want the liner to do or what you're doing to your bed. If you're dropping heavy objects in there (tools, bricks, etc) a spray-in or paint-on liner offers less impact/dent resistance than a composite drop-in liner. Conversely, I suppose the directly adhered liners offer greater erosion protection to the underlying metal.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

everything slides on the drop ins.
take your drop in out once and look at what its done to your bed and tailgate. spray in doesnt cost much more then a drop in and can be repaired if anything were to happen to it
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Spray in is the way to go. The bed liner moves around and rubs the paint off. Before I purchased my cap I was going that way. Line X wanted $450.00. I was going to get a cap anyway so I put the 450 towards it instead.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Paco
Regular
Regular

Post by Paco »

I took my plastic bed liner out, then I painted one of them paint on liner
kits and when it dried I put my plastic bed liner back in. I did that when
the truck was new. I prefer the protection of the plastic liner. And the
painted liner will protect the bed from the plastic liner wearing the paint.
[size=75]Paco
03, pewter
Indianapolis, In[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Paco wrote:I took my plastic bed liner out, then I painted one of them paint on liner
kits and when it dried I put my plastic bed liner back in. I did that when
the truck was new. I prefer the protection of the plastic liner. And the
painted liner will protect the bed from the plastic liner wearing the paint.
Looks like you did the right way :D

I've had my bed cover on since almost day one but, it sat on a lot for 2 yrs. When I closed the deal on the truck I made the sales manager throw in a rubber bed mat to stop the sliding issue.

The parts manager never could locate one to fit and I started looking online and never did find one :( They gave me a regular bed S-10 mat and I trimmed it. It's pretty ugly and if Brule ever sees it, I am sure I will get some type of scolding :nono:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]