flowmaster

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

flowmaster

Post by bwenny247 »

hey guys, just got a flowmaster 40 series put on the truck. drove 5 miles and i hate it already :twisted: but, i needed a muffler to get into an ORV park here in Michigan :(

to those who have flowmasters, how do you hear these things????? with all 4 windows down i wound it up to 4500 RPMS before i even started hearing that "familiar flowmaster sound" and even then I could barely hear the exhaust note.

It might all be mental but it feels really restrictive when accelerating too, I wish i had my straight pipe back :cry:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Which one do you have?

There are the 50 series, 40 series, deltaflow and more.

Try adding a 18" long uninsulated 3.5" or 4" tip to amplify the tone.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

If you're used to the sound of a straight pipe, I'm not surprised that you can't hear a Flowmaster. It won't be nearly as loud as that.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

no doubt bro...that's like apples to oranges.
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I love my flowmaster, it is just a regular flowmaster 40 and I thought it was pretty loud, but then again I have had open pipe for a while too and that was sooooooo loud it got insanely annoying after about 10 minutes.

I also have a hi flow cat but I am not sure how much of a difference that makes.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

couldn't stand it anymore and after talking, begging, pleading with the ORV park they agreed that my 4.3 with a straight pipe is not going to be louder than the big blocks with stacks they let run out there. so the flowy's gone and the straight pipes back on......ahhhhhhh :) the sweet sound of exhaust again!
:D

by the way, anybody want a flowmaster 40 series? only 200 miles on it and I'll even throw the stickers in too :lol: . PM me if interested
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]