Finally raised my nerf bars - Pics

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Finally raised my nerf bars - Pics

Post by Walt »

Please forgive the quality of these pics, I took them from my cellphone.

Also thought I'd throw in a pic of my HiLift jack mounted in the bed:

Peace!
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Those pics are pretty nice especially coming from a cell phone
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Everything looks good, Walt :thumb:

Am not a big fan of smiley faces on the KCs but, that is just me :lol:

I found these on the KC website for cheaper than anywhere else :D

So, if you lose one of yours just holler and will send you a smiley face one. :P
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote: So, if you lose one of yours just holler and will send you a smiley face one. :P
Thanks for the offer Reed :D I may have to take you up on it one day. My smiley's are getting a bit worn as it is. I like them for one main reason: I like flashing them at people. It looks cool at night to see two bright yellow smiley faces coming at you :lol: :lol:
--Walt
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

wamason wrote:
f9k9 wrote: So, if you lose one of yours just holler and will send you a smiley face one. :P
Thanks for the offer Reed :D I may have to take you up on it one day. My smiley's are getting a bit worn as it is. I like them for one main reason: I like flashing them at people. It looks cool at night to see two bright yellow smiley faces coming at you :lol: :lol:
The thought never crossed my mind but, I love the attitude :lol:

I am known as the morale officer/cruise director at work and that concept fits right in :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've thought about wiring in another relay that can be switched to make them flash alternately. That would really make people move out of my way :lol: :lol:
--Walt
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

you can order a flasher that will makes them do that, just the flasher is like 5 bucks, i had one hooked to my headlights on my blazer, if you have a "Cop Shop" near you you can probably buy the entire kit "Flasher unit, wiring, and switch for like 30 bucks, i am trying to find my old one to put on the crew, but if i ever have 30 extra bucks lying around i may go buy another one, they really help alieviate traffic haha, i would just have to take my fishing pole antenna off before i used them in the day, people don't take you very seriously with a fishing pole antenna haha, the local sherriff already has a crew as a patrol vehicle so it might work because all locals know that we have many undercover cars also
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

GREAT! :x Thanks alot, you guys! I thought I was gonna be done with mods & stuff for a while! Now I gotta go get a relay & flasher to make my headlights do that!!!! :lol:

Instead of flashing my high beams to people to "say hello" or whatever, it would be cool to alternate the lights back & forth. But what would REALLY be cool is to make them strobe! :shock: 8) 8) 8) :wink:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Actually, it can be done for much cheaper than $30 bucks.

Get a standard double pole/double throw automotive relay, and a one of the old style flashing relays (the kind that go in some old fuseboxes) from autozone. Hook one light up through 87 on the relay, and hook the other up to 87a on the relay. Put the flasher inline on the switch wire on the relay (85 or 86), and there you go. When the flasher sends power to the relay, one light will iluminate, and when the flasher cuts the power, the other will illuminate. although you might want to put a separate relay and switch on the power going into the relay (30 - what actually powers the lights) so that they can be totally turned off.
--Walt
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

So if I do what you say & wire the power through a switch, will I still be able to have the lights function normally???
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Finally raised my nerf bars - Pics

Post by barch97 »

wamason wrote:pic
pic
pic
pic
pic
it's too bad they haven't got a car wash in "Mississississississippi" :P
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

barch97 wrote:it's too bad they haven't got a car wash in "Mississississississippi" :P

That's just wrong! :lol:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

barch97 wrote:
wamason wrote:pic
pic
pic
pic
pic
it's too bad they haven't got a car wash in "Mississississississippi" :P
I washed it last week. Just so happens that some of the backroads I take are unpaved. :D Some are almost trails. They can get very muddy when it rains.

Pauleo, I will try to draw you out a diagram on how to make this work. It may require two or three relays total, and a few diodes. Let me do some thinking and I'll get back to ya.
--Walt
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

wamason wrote:Pauleo, I will try to draw you out a diagram on how to make this work. It may require two or three relays total, and a few diodes. Let me do some thinking and I'll get back to ya.
I just did a search on the internet for headlight strobes and came across an inexpensive set for $25.00! I didn't know that it could be done so inexpensively! I might just have to do this mod. It would be fun to screw with people!!!! :lol:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

OK, here it goes. Sometimes it's hard to wrap my brain around alot of things happening at once, but I think I've got the wiring figured out.

You might be better off getting a pre-made wiring system for this, unless you're like me and have access to DPDT relays and like doing things for free.

A diamgram is posted below. You will need two switches. Nothing fancy, just two single throw switches. One will be the master power switch. The other will be for changing from full illumination to alternate flashing.

Bear in mind that this diagram was made with Paint, since I'm at work and don't have access to anything better.

Key:
Purple=87
Orange=87a
Blue=86
Red=85
Green=30

I will post more when I can. Hope this can get you through it.
--Walt
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Another note. I wouldn't try this on your headlights. Only on auxiliary lights. If you want your headlights to flash alternately, I suggest getting a light control unit. I've been a bit rushed this afternoon, but I think I got the diagram right.

I also recommend on the switches, that the master switch has some type of visual power indicator such as an LED to let you know the master power is on. With the Flasher/Constant Toggle switch, it would probably work better without any type of LED.
--Walt
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

MAN! Did we get WAY off topic!!! HJ will put our bells in a sling for sure! :shock: :lol:

After looking your diagram over, and considering I would like to do this with the headlights, I think I would be much better off with an aftermarket kit. They don't even use existing bulbs. You drill a small hole in the back of the headlight and install a new bulb. I'm assuming that this would be weatherproofed! And for $25, it's worth a shot. I've spent that kinda money on much more worthless stuff before!!! :roll: :lol:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

$25 is not alot considering the time you would save. I will be setting my KC's up the way I have listed above, to have a little fun :D
--Walt