True Dual's

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

True Dual's

Post by RocK »

Well I got ahold of some 2 1/4 inch exhaust tubing. Gonna get her bent up and welded together. That dang cat is history, and I have to dig up a set of block huggers but the CC is gettin dual's.

I have no emissions up here. Heck theres only 5 trucks up here. LOL

Good Ol Minnesota...

HJ ever seen a set of headers for the CC's?

I saw a set on Summit but you know how the mail order stuff is. And its not a name i am familiar with.
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

By the way, I haven't looked yet but do we have the twin O2 sensors or am i gonna have to run an "X" pipe.....

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: True Dual's

Post by HenryJ »

RocK wrote:...ever seen a set of headers for the CC's?...do we have the twin O2 sensors...
Not first hand. I'm sure that something would work, but not with a bodylift. The steering shaft doesn't clear after the lift.

We have three 02 sensors. The third is behind the cat. You may have to run a sim in that position, since you will have no cat and only half the engines exhaust.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: True Dual's

Post by barch97 »

RocK wrote:I have no emissions up here.
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Thanks HJ you couldn't tell me it was gonna be simple huh... Oh well i kinda figured that so i will just have to run an "H" or "X" pipe and stick the sensor there. I was gonna try to stay away from the BL so it should work. If not i may just have do bend my own customs. But I kinda wanted to go with ceramics.

Barch they used to have emissions up here but then they realized that a converter stuck on a horses butt didn't really do anything.

"Watch This"

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, environmentally I admit that CA may be extreme and since we seem to be unable to voluntarily govern ourselves, big brother has to step in once in a while (I can't believe I am saying this) for there to be a happy middle ground, for all of us.

I do not know if LA still has smog forecasts on the evening news anymore but, from what I can see we have cleaned up many problem areas environmentally. It wasn't that long ago I saw them on the news. :D

KY does not test for pollution but, I grew up where they had them. Our cats are fairly free flowing compared to yesteryear and I do not see even a 10 hp rear axle increase if you could do it..

Our truck's layout makes a true dual not feasible with the fuel tank's location and if the headers could be found.

If we lived in the same town with the same testing equipment I'd love to make a wager with you about HP increase between a true dual and a 3" catback but, that isn't likely to happen but, I sincerely hope that you attain what you desire.

This is merely my 2 cents and nothing more. We are all here to get ideas, ask advice, give advice and not judge anyone else.

Best of luck

:D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There are way too many things to consider when designing an exhaust system, and I can say that I do not have the time or desire to fully research all the available combinations in this instance.

I used to have a progam called "Desktop Dyno" in which you could experiment with combinations to achieve the best performance.

Some of the things to consider are camshaft specifications, bore stroke, displacement, firing order, tube diameter and length, rpm range, operating temperature, weight, gear ratio, stall speed, tire size, and more...

Then you need to also consider the intended use. A drag racer must sacrifice some reliability for performance, just as a daily driver must sacrifice some performance for driveability.

If you are after a good performing system, look to someone who has already done one.
If you are looking for "different" or just to do it. Blaze your own trail.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Moons ago i used to build drag cars... In fact I mentioned that i sold a couple cars for the lift here. Well that was my new project car... I guess i decided that i had already been there and went down a different road. Most of the time HJ I do blaze my own trail. If it works or not and the idea has me wondering you can bet I will screw with it. LOL By the way Desktop Dyno is some wonderfull stuff. But I was really having trouble finding .cam files and flow stats to plug in to get to where i wanted to go. I still use the 2000 version and they have another version out now that is called dragstrip dyno. I have a buddy in IL that races over at the Bryon dragway that tells me his is off by approx .38 in the ET. Man I miss home :cry: This is my first truck build and buds up here are clueless. Back home It was call the crew and pull an all nighter to rebuild a tranny and swap a motor. Yall know how it goes. I have a pic of my car runnin around somewhere, I'll find it and toss it on my gallery if any of ya want.

"Watch This"

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Since it appears you "have done that" and "been there", I do respect your desires :D

Out of curiousity........may I ask where back home is?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Home, home is IL for me till i was 19. then the army made it KY, GA, TX. And Korea and then Bosnia and I ended up here in MN. Go Figure>

"Watch This"

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Kinda like if someone had told me I'd end up in SE KY, I'd tell them that they were smoking crack :lol:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'd do the X pipe if I were you. I think they flow better than H-pipes do.

Now you'll need a blower to make use of that new high flow exhaust. 8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I just got a call from Headman (Headers) and they said that headers for the CC are in the works should be 5 or 6 months before they are available.

"Watch This"

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

RocK wrote:I just got a call from Headman (Headers) and they said that headers for the CC are in the works should be 5 or 6 months before they are available.
I hope that they are sincere :D

Will be a great mod to add.

Thanks
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

would love some headers!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!