2002 versus 2003 CC's light bar

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

2002 versus 2003 CC's light bar

Post by Steve2003 »

This question is for HJ or anyone else that can answer.

I just called Off Road Warehouse and was trying to order the ORI front runner series 'Baja Eliminator' light bar. I talked to a guy named Don and he said they don't make them for the 2003 CC they stopped making them at the 2002 series and he said he doesn't know if it will fit my truck, so here's my question: Is there a difference between the 2002 and the 2003 front ends of our trucks??

edited title -HJ
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Jim

Re: 2002 versus 2003 CC's

Post by Jim »

Steve2003 wrote:This question is for HJ or anyone else that can answer.

I just called Off Road Warehouse and was trying to order the ORI front runner series 'Baja Eliminator' light bar. I talked to a guy named Don and he said they don't make them for the 2003 CC they stopped making them at the 2002 series and he said he doesn't know if it will fit my truck, so here's my question: Is there a difference between the 2002 and the 2003 front ends of our trucks??
Lower valance is a different shape? Here's my 02 to compare

Click this link I think 03's are like the truck on the right.
http://www.s-10crewcab.com/coppermine/a ... C02534.JPG
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Jim

Thanks for the feedback, definitly see the difference. Especially in the valance and the trim around the bumper, 2002 almost looks like my 87 S10 did it had the trim around the bumper also. I am just wondering if the dimensions of both bumpers are still the same if the light bar would still mount? The light bar actually looks like it mounts to the front and top of the bumper, if the diminsions on both bumpers are the same maybe it will still fit. This is the front of my truck

Steve
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That looks like a ZR2 valance.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I don't know what a ZR2 front end looks like, haven't paid much attention to them, my truck is a 2003 S10 CC LS I was looking at KCustom's truck and I believe his is a 2003 Sonoma CC looks like our front ends are exactly the same and he has the same light bar that I want to get, just wonder if he had to do any modifying to make it fit. KCustom has the black light bar but I want the chrome which would require it to be a perfect fit.

Steve
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It will work. I have an ORI light bar...

[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Excellent :wink: Thanks Mark! I am going to call the guy at Offroad Warehouse back on Monday and tell him to order it for me. I think that light bar will look much better with my SL skidplate. I have seen a lot of guys around here with their prerunners and that same light bar but made for a full size truck, it doesn't look real good. That smaller size light bar looks really good on our trucks. Good picture, thanks again.

Steve
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Steve2003 wrote:Excellent :wink: Thanks Mark! I am going to call the guy at Offroad Warehouse back on Monday and tell him to order it for me. I think that light bar will look much better with my SL skidplate. I have seen a lot of guys around here with their prerunners and that same light bar but made for a full size truck, it doesn't look real good. That smaller size light bar looks really good on our trucks. Good picture, thanks again.

Steve
No problem. A few words of advice on the install though. Try to get ahold of a tap to clean out the threads on the two bumper face mounts. They got powdercoat inside on the threads on mine and it was a b!tch to get bolted on...had to remove the bumper to torque it down. And believe me...getting the grille back on with that bar in place is no picnic. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Cool thanks for the tips finding a tap shouldn't be a problem. I have a friend down the street who is a tractor/trailer mechanic where I work, he has all kinds of tools. I also have a friend who is a shop foreman, between the two of them they ought to be able to fix me up.

Steve
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

anyone got5 a part # on that ORI bar? dont they make 2 sizes?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I don't know the part #. I called the guys today at Offroad Warehouse to order my light bar, thought I had everything set after argueing with them that the 2002 year bar would fit my 2003 and about 2 hours later they called me back and said ORI does not make it in chrome anymore, they were having too many returns, said it was a rust problem. Offroad Warehouse said they could chrome it for me for $200 :x So I just ordered it black and will figure something else out. I was trying to go with a chrome theme on my truck, trying to stay away from too much black.

Steve
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

adrenalnjunky wrote:anyone got5 a part # on that ORI bar? dont they make 2 sizes?
I got my ORI Light Bar today and I'm not real pleased! :!: First off I didn't like the fact that they did not grind and smooth their welds :crazy: ,It looks like they just welded it and sent it off too powder coat. Secondly It doesn't fit right, :twisted: the top mounts of the bar hit the plastic peice that sits on top of the bumper! And yes the threads were full of powder coat! :x Anyway I took it over to my buddies house tonight and he took care of the powdrecoat in the threads problem in about two minnutes. :D So I'm going back to his house tomarrow to get this thing mounted! :D Looks like that bar is going to get reformed to fit my truck!

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

part # 51-1002 2003-94 S-10 PICK UP

51 SERIES BAJA CHALLENGER
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Well it looks like ORW sent me the wrong one. I clearly told them what truck I have!! My ivoice says part no# ori 53-1002 Blazer mid-size. I would say thats the wrong one! :twisted: My friend who is a trailer macanic at work is prety good with metal and steel. He said we could bend the top cross bars out about a half inch on each side and it would fit fine, it just might crack the powder coat a little bit, which I'm not worried about because I'm going to refinish it anyway! It took me three weaks to get the darn thing and I don't want to go through all teir BS again. What do you guys think?

Steve
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

We got the light bar mounted, it wasn't too bad, even got a couple lights from my buddy that he pulled of the trucks that were discontinued in our terminal and on their way to Mexico. We slapped them on and hooked them up to where the skid plate mounts, worked perfect. Haven't hooked up the electrical yet, looking forward to seeing what that will look like. All in all it went pretty good, especially seeing that the bar was not centered proportioned right, but we made it work. Here is some pics.

Steve
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Steve2003 wrote:Well it looks like ORW sent me the wrong one.
Steve2003 wrote:We got the light bar mounted,
So did you end up ordering the correct part or did you make the one fit that you received in the first place?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

just wondering, does it stick out on either side past the bumper?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I installed an ORI bar last weekend on my '03. I didn't have anything to bend those bars back and I had to trim that lip on the grill.
:twisted:
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

yellowhammer wrote:So did you end up ordering the correct part or did you make the one fit that you received in the first place?
No I used the original one they sent me. I waited three weeks to get the light bar and that was with me driving an hour and a half to Escondido to pick it up. I wasn't going to go through that again if I didn't have to.
Jeff024 wrote:just wondering, does it stick out on either side past the bumper?
That second picture looks deceiving, it does not stick out past the bumper. It is exactly even with the outside of the bumper.

Steve
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

I have had one for a couple of years, still think it looks good... :D
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]