ORI pre-runner

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

ORI pre-runner

Post by kwalsh »

Has anybody installed ORI's Baja Eliminator pre-runner on a Chevy CC?

I've been in contact with KCustom, however it sounds like our grills and
bumpers are little different. (GMC vs Chevy)

I know Conman had a thread on it......he never installed it before he sold
his crew.

It looks like some cutting of the grill must take place & I'm looking for
an upclose pic of where on the bumper the main support bolts have been
mounted.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I think the Baja Eliminator is the one I have. If so, there was no cutting required on the grille. Just two holes in the front of the bumper for the main bar mounting and two smaller holes in the top corners of the bumper for the smaller support bars.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

i kinda kidnapped this design from offroad tech inc if you are looking for something more im mocking it up now it will attach to the tow hooks and the upper bumper mounts
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

AZS10Crew wrote:I think the Baja Eliminator is the one I have. If so, there was no cutting required on the grille. Just two holes in the front of the bumper for the main bar mounting and two smaller holes in the top corners of the bumper for the smaller support bars.
Mark, would you happen to remember the part # for your pre-runner bar, or where you bought it? I was originally going to go with the Westin bar, but I like the style and function of that ORI bar better. 8)

Steve
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Off Road Innovations's Baja Eliminator
model number 53-1002

I purchased mine from www.offroadwarehouse.com

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/Store_V ... sp?Cat=155
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

killian96ss wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:I think the Baja Eliminator is the one I have. If so, there was no cutting required on the grille. Just two holes in the front of the bumper for the main bar mounting and two smaller holes in the top corners of the bumper for the smaller support bars.
Mark, would you happen to remember the part # for your pre-runner bar, or where you bought it? I was originally going to go with the Westin bar, but I like the style and function of that ORI bar better. 8)

Steve
I was looking for the site last night but couldn't find it. It was pimpmotorsports.com, but their site seems to be under construction right now. The site kwalsh mentioned seems to be the only option.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

is the price at pimpmotors worth waiting for the site compared to the link on here?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

camelott112 wrote:is the price at pimpmotors worth waiting for the site compared to the link on here?
I think it was basically the same.
[size=75]Mark
weaselmf

Post by weaselmf »

camelott112 wrote:Image

i kinda kidnapped this design from offroad tech inc if you are looking for something more im mocking it up now it will attach to the tow hooks and the upper bumper mounts

This is the best looking design. The other one on the website doesn't offer much protection, just a place to hang some lights.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

well im making mine right now its a little tricky but when i get it done i may do one or two more but its gonna be about the same price of a bully bar if somebody wanted one
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

camelott112 wrote:well im making mine right now its a little tricky but when i get it done i may do one or two more but its gonna be about the same price of a bully bar if somebody wanted one
What type of materials are you using? Will it look simular to the ORT bumper you posted above? 8) Have you run into any mounting problems so far?

Steve
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

im using 1.25 inch tube on the bottom and 2.5 on the center and top the mounts go on the top bumper mounts and the bottom mounts intergrate with the bottom tow hooks i havent fabbed the center yet because i want it to fit a haudralic winch from mile marker but when all is said and done it should turn out to be simple install and solid as the frame i may try to extend the bottom mounts so you can utalize both holes on the tow hooksim just trying to keep them functional but im mountim 2 more hooks on the actual prerunner i put it on for about 20 mins yesterday so i could bust out the high tech template materials (cardboard haha) and start cutting the steel plate and working the bends i need to see if i can find a place that can powdercoat it for me it just looks like dirty steel for now
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Sounds good! The winch option is a good idea too! Can't wait to see the finished product. 8) I will hold off on the ORI bumper until I see how this turns out. :)

Steve
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

the only problem with the o.r.t.i. is that you cant buy them so i figured that i would jsut build mine let me know if you can weld ill send you dimensions it would be way cheaper than buying from me
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

camelott112 wrote:the only problem with the o.r.t.i. is that you cant buy them so i figured that i would just build mine let me know if you can weld ill send you dimensions it would be way cheaper than buying from me
I can weld, but not good enough to look professional. :lol: My buddy has a machine shop with tig & mig welders and is a much better welder that I am, so he would get the job. :lol: He specializes in stainless, so this would be my route. When your done fabbing everything, send me your dimensions, and I'll give it a try also. :D

Steve
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

as we say around here...will can do ill get the rest mocked up and if you want ill even send you a high tech cardboard template foe the skid/ winch mount
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

camelott112 wrote:as we say around here...will can do ill get the rest mocked up and if you want ill even send you a high tech cardboard template foe the skid/ winch mount
A high tech cardboard cutout, cool. 8) :lol:

Steve
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

haha well i kinda took that idea from paul jr on occ and jesse james on monster chopper its better than using the actual metal beform knowing how its gonna fit and bend and everhything else
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

How would you mail a cardboard cutout? Would you just put a stamp on it and away it goes? :lol: I can imagine the look on a postal employees face as they say what the hell is this. :lol:

Steve
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

haha i am rolling on the ground at the thought of that...! thanks for the laugh i needed that i would just box it maybe folded and ship it out but like i was saying about kcustoms flares dont stick to an origional design think outside the box you may be able to better what i have done only to make the next guy's design better off of yours