Billet gas door

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Billet gas door

Post by mjmcdowell »

Ok, has anyone mounted one of these on there sonoma CC? I picked one up at my local "goodies" store yesterday and examined it on the truck, have not mounted it yet ( weather up here is a tad nasty now) It seems that it is a pain in the a$$ to mount it or just maybe I am just too chicken to start removing rubber bumpers, screws etc. for the install thinking of having the shop mount it for me, any thoughts? My next project is photos of the truck then posting them when I learn how I have a few mod's some I fabed myself. stay safe, mjmcdowell
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Its really easy I had 1 but was shipped the wrong door but had taken the old 1 off before I knew it was wrong its really easy. Pull the center out of those plastic clips and the outside will slide right out. Its to EASY to pay someone to do 20 min. tops.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

how much did it run you im thinking about just chroming all the black on my truck still deciding but i would love to get a billet door
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Do you need to get a special billet door just for the crew cabs? It seems to me that our filler door has some "shape" to it (a slight curve) so that a plain flat type (like I've seen at the auto parts store) wouldn't seem to fit right. Now this is just a question...I haven't tried putting one on just yet...just curious.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yes there is 1 made just for our trucksGas Door for s-10s
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

At $88.50 I really am beginning to love my baby s__t/school bus yellow CC :roflmao:

Please take no offense, I have nothing but respect for everyone's opinion and what they like. :!:

I would love to have one of those gas doors but, that is a little rich for me.

Am glad the subject and purchase site/price was found. I'd been looking for them locally.

$90.00 is a lot of Mobil ! and about half the way there to getting the 2" BL :D

Just my 2 cents :D

Maybe if they came in black I would have to rethink the situation.

After "watching" Top/David do his BL, I wouldn't even consider wasting money to have it installed.

You have to dive in sometime and the billet gas door would be a good one to start on

I guess it is all relative to your budget :) :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I will find you a black 1 I have seen them black powered coated and I have found them cheaper then 90.00 that was just a site I had saved
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

here 1 cheaper 77.84 shipped its just billet not blackFUEL DOOR

And heres your blackFUEL DOORS
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

WOW!! :o didn't realize the price of gas doors!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Billets not really that cheap
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

(old guy thinking here) thought "billets" were like military barracks??!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
just kidding!!

being fairly new to "mods"......... what makes billets so much more pricey???
is it the material?? how they are made???? you all help me out here??!! :?
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The ones that did fit a crew cab (except a chrome and black one was $120.00 :shock:

I really appreciate your searching but, guess I will stick with the yellow or try one of the decal styles :!:

BTW...... I mentioned that $90 would by a lot of Mobil ! synthetic oil, I noticed a new Mobil 1, 5W-30W this past Sunday morning, at wallyworld, when I bought the regular Mobil 1 for wive's oil change. It may have been said truck and SUV oriented. It was $24 for 5 qt jug versus the $20 for the original Mobil one :!:

Anyone have any knowledge of this new product?

Marketing ploy?

I guess we will continue this line of thought when HJ splits this :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I use the penzoil 4x4 synthetic oil im sure its along the same lines
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

not to dig up an old thread but i got one and it didnt fit it said it would fit an s10 but it didnt i guess it was a great waste of 80 bucks it was flat and left a gap above the door and then it didnt bolt on at all after that so i cried a bit drank a beer and put the white one back on any ideas on one that would fit it looked so sharp
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

camelott112 wrote:... i got one and it didnt fit it said it would fit an s10 but it didnt...
Don't forget that anything for our bed must fit an Isuzu , not S-10 unless specifically listed for the crew cabs.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

i wish there was an emotiocon that was sitting in the infamous @$$ kicking machine haha oh well worser things have happened to better people