Flowmaster Muffler

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

coreylubahn

Flowmaster Muffler

Post by coreylubahn »

Guys of infinite wisdom,

Does anyone know which flowmaster 40 deltaflow muffler I would want for my truck?

Is 2.5 offset inlet/3 center outlet what I would want. I want to see about getting one on ebay but I don't want the wrong thing. (I will probably just go to the local exhaust shop to get it all installed so maybe offset/center isn't all that important??). Thanks.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Flowmaster Muffler

Post by F9K9 »

coreylubahn wrote:Guys of infinite wisdom,

Does anyone know which flowmaster 40 deltaflow muffler I would want for my truck?

Is 2.5 offset inlet/3 center outlet what I would want. I want to see about getting one on ebay but I don't want the wrong thing. (I will probably just go to the local exhaust shop to get it all installed so maybe offset/center isn't all that important??). Thanks.
Flowmaster

No such animal as a 2.5 inch inlet, 3 inch outlet. I would go with the 3 inch catback and let a local shop install it. Will cost you under $200 counting ebay, shipping and installation.

942543 is a 2.5 inch offset/center

943043 is a 3.0 inch offset/center
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

Let me see if I understand this properly:

When you do a three inch catback they put an adapter right after the cat to go from the stock 2.5 to a 3 and then use a three inch muffler and tailpipes and then like a 4 inch tip to get a little resonation.

Is this correct? I would want to find a 3 inch in/out Deltaflow and then have them go from there right. Thanks.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That's what they did with mine.and HJ's but, he added a resonator tip on his rig which I will probably do after my BL.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

You mean a packed resonating tip (which would also quiet it down) or just a tip of larger diameter than the rest of the pipe so as to allow the sound waves to bounce around a little more and deepen the sound (from what I've been told)?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

coreylubahn wrote:You mean a packed resonating tip (which would also quiet it down) or just a tip of larger diameter than the rest of the pipe so as to allow the sound waves to bounce around a little more and deepen the sound (from what I've been told)?
Resonator Tip
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

(((COUGH))) r i c e r (((COUGH)))
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:(((COUGH))) r i c e r (((COUGH)))
HEY! I might resemble that remark ;)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I figured that would get somebodys panties in a bunch :hide:
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I'm using a Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler 2-1/2" center inlet and dual 2-1/2" outlets with 18" long stainless tips. Flowmaster muffler part # 525552, and heat shield part # 51017. This muffler fits very nice with no routing problems. I live near Flowmaster in Santa Rosa, and stopped by one day to ask them what muffler they recommended for my 4.3L S10, and they said this one would work best. There are more choices though for different sound (Delta Flow 40 or 50 series), or larger 3" inlets/outlets which some members here are using. The 40 series are generally louder than the 50 series in either the standard or Delta Flow.

Steve
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

hate to get off topic here but Killian did you notice any diffrence descreening the MAF ?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

jeff024 wrote:hate to get off topic here but Killian did you notice any diffrence descreening the MAF ?
Very little if any. The screen is only there to straighten the airflow over the sensors. This is neccessary with the stock paper filter because it makes so much turbulence. Most aftermarket intake kits, or even just the airbox mod with a K&N filter make the airflow much straighter than stock, so the screen is not needed. The only difference this mod will make will be in the upper rpm range where the screen starts to become a restriction on the intake side. This mod seems to work better on V-8 (Impalas, Camaros, Corvettes) that use the same size MAF sensors as our S10's. On these cars it is more noticeable. I still can't figure out why my SS has the same size MAF as my Crew. :roll:

Steve
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

go with a super 40 muffler... they flow better and are louder... i think you can go to any midas now since they officially carry flowmaster products .. i guess thier "raven" exhaust they carried wasnt selling well :lol:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Coda wrote:go with a super 40 muffler... they flow better and are louder...
I was kind of wondering what a Super 40 would sound like on a Crew, cause they sound great on older V-8 muscle cars. 8)

Steve