visors with mirrors and lights

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

visors with mirrors and lights

Post by camelott112 »

how hard would it be to add these to my truck i found a pair on ebay and i want them but i dont know much on the way of wiring just a 1-10 or a quick someone here could help me talk through it and ill ge them now and ask later
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Wiring up visors should be simple -- I would expect just a positive and negative wire. The visors should have a small switch built in that turns them on when opened up.

Get em, we'll figure them out.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

yeah, shouldn't be too difficult. Can prolly get power right from the o'head console and tuck wires up under head liner across top of windshield.

Who knows, you might get lucky when GM switched to cheaper (light free) visors may have never pulled out the wiring (like the blazer hatch release wiring left in our trucks).

What's holding your visors on? like three screws, right? pull 'em out and see if there's a couple wires tucked up in there.

*Edit: and yeah... as long as you've got a digital camera, we can surely figure something out to get you hooked up.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

alright the bid is set and hopefully its not an arm and a leg i just think they should be in there thanks guys ill get some pics of the ol girl up soon i broke her bumper this weekend pulling some idoit and his ford out to she is missing a few teeth but she is still my girl
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Camelott,

My truck Has Lighted Visors W/ Mirrors From The Factory.....So Maybe You'll Get Lucky And The Wires Are There Already And It's Plug N Play,
If Not I Can dig Into Mine This Weekend And Let You Know How They Are Wired Up

Jeff
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

jeff that would be awesome hopefully it is plug and play that would make alaska a little warmer in my head but if it isnt ill definately shoot you a pm and let you know i hope its easy but i guess i should be able to get a diagram or at least an idea
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Camelott,

I'll Try To At Least Pull A Visor Down this Weekend Sometime (By Sunday), And Get The Color Wires Going To The Visors. That Way You Can Probably Just Find Those Colors In The Roof Console And Tap Right Into Them If The Wires Arent Already Run.

Jeff
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Ok,

What I Found Was The Following:

There Is A Connector In There As You Can See In The Pic, Black & Orange Coming Out Of The Headliner / White & White-blk Stripe Going To Visor. Visor Is operated By Opening Cover (see little yellow button on top of left light) So Orange Wire Has To Be Hot All The Time.

If You Need Any Other Info Or Pics Just Let Me Know.

Jeff
eugene
Regular
Regular

Post by eugene »

I installed a set in mine that I pulled out of a junkyard truck. Mine did not have the wiring in place so I went back and pulled the wiring from the JY truck then pulled the pins out of the plug and put them in my plug.