Makin' Room....(KCustom's flares)

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Makin' Room....(KCustom's flares)

Post by KCustom »

here are a couple of shots of the fender cutting in progress.....
Last edited by KCustom on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

I moved the bottom edges (cut and welded) 1.5 inches in the front and rear...I am hoping that this will be enough to give the truck some travel. I am going to do the same on the front as well...

2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like a nice job so far :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

fronts...

Post by KCustom »

Got the front flares pulled today...I will post pictures on Monday of them on the truck....
Last edited by KCustom on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: fronts...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:Got the front flares pulled today...
That is VERY cool 8)

I am jealous.

Having that kind of equipment available I'd get way too busy on personal projects ;)

What are you attaching them with? The same cup-n-cap covers for poprivets that bushwacker uses?

How much more room for bigger tires will these allow? Be sure to get some picks before you mount them , so we can get an idea for the cutting that needs to be done.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

drivers front...

Post by KCustom »

drivers front......
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

and Pass....

Post by KCustom »

other side...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

What are you attaching them with? The same cup-n-cap covers for poprivets that bushwacker uses?

How much more room for bigger tires will these allow? Be sure to get some picks before you mount them , so we can get an idea for the cutting that needs to be done.
I am using a Truss head sheet metal screw and a black button cap cover...I have the pictures of all four fenders...The flares will give you a total of 3 additonal inches of clearance.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:I am using a Truss head sheet metal screw and a black button cap cover...I have the pictures of all four fenders...The flares will give you a total of 3 additonal inches of clearance.
That sounds good.

What sort of "cutting" is involved for the installation.

Will "Joe installer" need to have welding and body work experience to install these?

Or ... can "Sam Sawzall" with two left thumbs, just do some hacking then screw them on?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I cut...

Post by KCustom »

I cut and pop rivited the fenders for the pictures then came back and welded them up like I wanted....If you have a jig saw with a metal cutting blade and can tape and mark the fenders with a pattern, then drill and pop rivit someone should be able to install these. The front flares drop into place and just screw in once the fender mod is done....
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

That truck is becoming, in my own words, "An accident causer". Mainly from other people staring at it while driving. Are you going to paint the flares to match or are you planning on doing a custom paint job?

This is what I wanted mine to look like...

(second from top)
http://www.doodlescustomartwork.com/4x4s.HTM
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

So... do you have a plan now or is it still a little too soon?

Are you going to mass produce these?

If so, how many copies are the molds good for and what kind of price are you looking at for the set?

Any plans for S-series std./excab pick-up and Blazer rear flares?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Plans

Post by KCustom »

The plan is to mass produce these...I hope to have the rears for the reg and ext cab as well as the full size Chevy,Ford, and Dodge trucks....it just takes time. The flares are made from .250 ABS with a UV inhibitor (twice as thick as the others) along with hardware and instructions and templets.
I am guessing because of the extra cost of the thick material around $200 per set, fronts or rears....I would offer a discount for multiple sets ie. group purchaces..It is going to cost about 3K to get them into production for short runs. I canot afford to take them to aluminum so the tooling will be good for about 100 sets or so
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

drawings...

Post by KCustom »

Justin,
Your drawings are great! I am not sure what I am going to do with the color yet...they will stay black until I come up with something for the graphics. They do not look bad being black with the other black accents on the truck....I would like to do some subtle flames or scalups but I am not sure.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Drivers Rear...

Post by KCustom »

Here is a picture of the drivers rear...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Those are looking good. I can't wait to see a full view :thumb:

OK, correct me if I am wrong, but the front flares should fit all S-series, right?

Since they are cut-out flares they would probably even work for a ZR2.

The rear flares are different though. The crewcab flares and 4 door Blazer rear flares would be vehicle specific.
But, it is possible that rear flares for the S-trucks would fit not only Z's but the 2 door Blazers as well.

It will be nice to have flares available for the crew, but when looking for the largest market the standard truck rear flares might be a good next move.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I agree...

Post by KCustom »

I have not had a chance to fit the fronts to a reg or ext cab yet but I will and I am going to build some for the rears of the reg S-trucks....
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

How are they fitting on yours?

Are there any changes that need to be made, or did they fit as you expected them to?

Are you using a welt, or seal on the outer fender / flare interface?

Is the fit close enough to mount without a welt?

I know the Bushwacker cut-out flares come with welting, but I have installed them without ... most of the time , since the rubber welting seems to expand and shrink at a different rate than everything else.

I have had good luck with marine vinyl welting though.

Personally, I prefer no welt, but it can hide some inperfections in fit.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I used...

Post by KCustom »

I used the welt that came with the BW flares that I had.....I have been fiting the flares and then modify the mold until it fits properly. they go on much better than the BWs' IMO...I will probalbly source a welt to go on the edge of the flares because of the slight chatter from the CNC router so that hopefully they will need no mods to install :)
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Looks good -- too bad I bet 4 door blazers will be the last to get any made for them :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

adrenalnjunky wrote:... I bet 4 door blazers will be the last to get any made for them...
I bet it will be sooner rather than later, if the demand is there.

Currently there are no "Cut-out" flares available, and I only know of one other set that is even in the works. Diversified Creations (Mike Copeland) is working on a set for ZR2 trucks and BlaZeRs. The fronts should work for any S-series, since they too are cut-out flares. But from what little I hear over there, the demand is high, but the production has been slow. The new store may be taking up quite a bit of the time needed to complete the flares production.

The diversified flares are a radical cut allowing for maximum tire size.

These (KCustom's) sound like a superior flare by design, and not as radical a cut , which may be desirable to those who want to install themselves. If they can be produced first ,I think the demand will be good.

The front flares should work on all the S-series and I think it is wonderful that the rears for crew cabs are first in line for these.

Rear flares for the standard S-series just makes sense as the next step. That would be the set that would fit the majority of models.

Now since front flares for the four door would already be available, it would be logical to add rear flares for the four door to complete the line-up.

I guess you're right it may be a while, but you'd probably have them before the Ford Ranger gets a set ;)

Who knows they all may take quite a long time to actually go into mass production. Heck , look how long the Superlift kit is taking to become reality, and it is not out there yet.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

True -- for everyone who is anxiously awaiting the Superlift kit and stating that they're tired of waiting for it and all of the talking about it....We are lucky to have the knowledge that we do of the kit.

Not many times do we get to see pics and get details on the kit while it is in development, or even now in a pre-production state.

I'm sure there are all kinds of products in general that I'd love to own that are in development, but I don't have the first clue about yet.

Good thing I'm not buying a Ford Ranger anytime soon :evil:
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey kcustom...are you saying you are going to sell these flares?????? if so im in!!!!!!!!!
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I hope...

Post by KCustom »

I am hopefull that I will have these avaliable for sale in a Month or two...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: I hope...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:I am hopefull that I will have these avaliable for sale in a Month or two...
:D That sounds good.

What are you "calling" them?

"Gross cut-out flares" , "KCustom flares" , "Gross Motorsports flares", ???

- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

Pass side rear...All four proto-types are done!!!!!!!!!!
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Picture

Post by KCustom »

I am not sure about the name..Here is a shot of one side
Last edited by KCustom on Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

sorry I am lost again .. what are the grey areas in the pics above?
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

those are spots he has cut the sheetmetal on the fender to make the opening wider.

The grey is primer to keep rust away. Since the flare is going to cover the whole area, there's no need to repaint over the primer.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

when will the flares be made available, I want a pair for my truck
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I hope...

Post by KCustom »

I hope to be able to finish out the molds in the next month and have them avalible in the next 60 days.....
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

how much for a complete set - front and rear ????
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Plans

Post by KCustom »

KCustom wrote:The plan is to mass produce these...I hope to have the rears for the reg and ext cab as well as the full size Chevy,Ford, and Dodge trucks....it just takes time. The flares are made from .250 ABS with a UV inhibitor (twice as thick as the others) along with hardware and instructions and templets.
I am guessing because of the extra cost of the thick material around $200 per set, fronts or rears....($400 total) I would offer a discount for multiple sets ie. group purchaces..It is going to cost about 3K to get them into production for short runs. I canot afford to take them to aluminum so the tooling will be good for about 100 sets or so
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:.. I am tring to get the molds adjusted and preped for tooling. ... I am making some progress.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

any updates on how progress is going, or how soon they will be done?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

progress...

Post by KCustom »

Just got mom home from the hosptital......Hope to get back in 2 weeks to finish the molds. I will update soon....
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Congrats to KC and his better half! Thanks for everything KC!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

Cheers to you and cigars to all, dad.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

hey kcustom,
just wondering how the flares are coming it has been a while since i was able to check out the post so i was curious and btw congrads on the little one...let us know how its all coming
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

progress report...

Post by KCustom »

I am sorry to say that I have not gotten much done in the last few weeks...I hope all can understand. I hope that things will settle down in the next few weeks to allow me to get the patterns finished and get them to tooling.....I would like to get a list of the ones that are interested in a set so that I can plan for the first production run.
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

you can count me in
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

IM IN FOR SURE :D
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

im in
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

group purchace...

Post by KCustom »

If I can get commitments on 10 pairs I can recuce the price to $350.00 for the full set of four flares with mounting hardware (includes rubber molding screws and screw caps)......
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I really don't think that demand is going to be a problem.

What is needed is the product, some documentation, and what clearance will be available.

If it can be shown what size tire could be used on a stocker , or after a 2" body lift, I'm sure that there will be sufficient demand.

I have been reluctant to really start promoting these, even though they are really exciting.

The problem lies in getting expectations up and then finding a prolonged time before they are available.

I look at the delays, and time that has gone by since the LS1 flares were prototyped, sure there were unforseen delays, but it has been nearly a year and a half now, they still are not being produced.

The Superlift 6" kit is another example, rumors of it being produced started over two years ago, the hype got really going for the last 10 months. Still no kits available.

I say "build them and they will come"

If they turn out to be what is expected, I for one will be promoting the heck out of them! Heck it is nearly 1/3 the cost of the Superlift, and may fit a 31" tire with no lift whatsoever, that is outstanding!

If these had been available I would have installed them before even thinking about a body lift. A low center of gravity and big tires is what I was looking for.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Thanks...

Post by KCustom »

Thanks for the vote of confidence....I hope to get some work done on the molds in the evenings in the next couple of weeks.
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

K - do you accept paypal???
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

when you get to production phase you can count me in on on a gp
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I have...

Post by KCustom »

I have an account with PayPal but need to get it set up to recieve funds.....
kmkommes

Post by kmkommes »

You can add me to the list for a set of fronts and a set of Rears for a Regular S-10 BED. I agree with everyone that the demand will be there as soon as you start production on these. Just make a quality product and these things will sell fast. I joined this site solely because I've been watching this topic on flares. Add me to the list. kriskommes@hotmail.com

Welcome :wave: -HJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

kmkommes wrote:You can add me to the list for a set of fronts...
I have no doubt that there will be many more once we spread the word, and show a few examples of them installed.

There is a long list over on ZR2.com waiting on the LS1 flares. I am sure that some would buy these if they become available first.

It might be worth setting up Mike at Diversified Creations as a dealer if he is interested.

WAIT! Here we are getting ahead of ourselves again! :roll: (maybe it is just me? )

Gotta wait until there is a product available and we have answers for the fitment and application questions :roll:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

ive got an 04 cc that i would be more tha willing to be the pic example truck its white so no doubt the immages will stan out clearly, just got to order a pair and post some pics for you just let me know what shots you would want and ill get them (even though im sure everyone would rather see kc's truck :lol: )

brian
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

KCustom, whats the latest on the flares, any good news, besides the new child, BTW hows is daddy doing without all that :| :roflmao: been there, done that, got throw-up on the t-shirt
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

haha nice max i was trying to wait a few weeks b4 i asked again i didnt want to be a pest hahahahahaha
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

updates

Post by KCustom »

I am sorry to say that with getting the truck ready for SEMA that I have made very littl progress...I need to use my truck to finish up the mods to the molds and I can not take it apart until after the SEMA show.... I hope to be able to get some work done when the truck get back in the second week of November. the show is a week long and has to leave next friday and will not return until the second week of the month....
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

No apologies required. JUst take care of business and we will be behind you!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It is really hard to know a product is out there and you can't get your hands on it.

The Superlift 6" kit is a prime example. Prototyped in January and not yet released , so perhaps a year of waiting? Not too many willing to do that :roll: Some have gone to the TM 5" and I'm sure more would have if supply had met demand.

Hopefully these flares do get produced, but bear in mind the hurdles yet to be crossed and some that may not even have been forseen , as of yet.

As I understand it , there are no molds ready, nor documentation.

These are only three months in the making, be prepared that it may still be a long wait.

It is an exiciting idea, but who knows maybe it will not happen. People's priorities can change, and after a while the excitement can be lost with the hassles of development.

Even the continued "pestering" and pressure can make the process tedious.

I guess it would be best to just sit back and see what happens :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

hey kc i know you said december in your last post just wondering how they are coming thanks
young
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

progress report...

Post by KCustom »

I have been on the road for the last several weeks (Sema, Canada) I have not made any progress. I will get some done in the next few weeks, but I can not at this point say when they will be complete. I am sorry for the delays.
keithb2077

Post by keithb2077 »

kcustom i have a set of flares that i have not installed on my 4 door blazer, i was planning on reselling them on ebay, but if you have any interest in using them to get a set going i am willing to ship them to you. they are not bushwacker (i found this out after i bought them off ebay) and are street style flares that are only 1-2 inches wider than the stock fender, so im obviously not gonna be using them. i think deflecta shield made them, the fit is very good and would be useful to get the shape around the rear door if you dont have access to a 4 door s series.
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Hey KC I saw your truck in my car audio magazine that I just got, congratulations. L00ks good.

I wish I could get in a mag but I offroad too much and have a couple too many scratches for it to look that good.

(sorry if I stole your thread, back to subject)
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
03zr2

Post by 03zr2 »

when you get to the stage of getting them for the ext cab trucks i am deff in on getting some. At this point it doesnt look like mike will have his out anytime soon.
03 gmc zr2 - 2" body lift , 31x10.50 ATs on AR Sliders
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i would still be infor a buy especially now that i have huge tires

:shock:

let us know KC

one question for ya

would you be able to offer colors?? say indigo blue to match the blue of a crew?
eh eh eh you like that i rymed

KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

flare update...

Post by KCustom »

I wanted to up date the progress on the falres and am sorry to say that I have made no progress on them. I have been spending all of my spare time with my new daugher. I do plan on making them avaliable next year, but can not give an exact time frame. I appoligize for the delays....

Thanks for the interest and understanding

KC
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

We might as well move on....next year will easily translate to a cold day in ....
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

ludwis wrote:"We might as well move on....next year will easily translate to a cold day in ...."
Oklahoma?

As you can see from the pictures of my truck the proto molds do indeed exist. I will have them avaliable, I just do not know when at this point. After the holidays I will have a better chance to put together a more accurate timeline for development. This will be our first true production product. up until now I only built part for my own use. Again I am sorry for the delays....

Fixed the quote-HJ
Rusty

Re: ...

Post by Rusty »

KCustom wrote:
ludwis wrote:"We might as well move on....next year will easily translate to a cold day in ...."
Oklahoma?

As you can see from the pictures of my truck the proto molds do indeed exist. I will have them avaliable, I just do not know when at this point. After the holidays I will have a better chance to put together a more accurate timeline for development. This will be our first true production product. up until now I only built part for my own use. Again I am sorry for the delays....

Fixed the quote-HJ
Hey, those of us who have families and kids understand. Priorities first! Don't sweat it! :) Take care of that little girl of your's and enjoy the time you have. Congratulations by the way. My daughter is 15 now and there have been lot's of times I'd like those first years to do over with her. Now I have a 4 year old hyperactive tornado for a son and I can't wait for these years to be over! :!:

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

i know your busy kc but i just wanted to know where you have been??? how is the pet project coming along and how is the new member of the family?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

Nicky is doing great....Work is around 12 hrs a day for the next few weeks until some of my projects are complete. I hope to have some free time soon :)
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

thats awesome like rusty said your little one is important but i was just checking up thanks again man
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

do you have to have special equipment to make them or was it all hand work if i know how to make them i may be able to just craft some of my own and get off your back a bit i feel bad asking over and over but its just coming to that point where i am gonna have to start trimming and i dont want it to look bad or trim too much that i cant get a set of yours to look right on the beast
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Nah, forget about the flares, how much do you want for your truck :D

Seriously though, those flares are sweet and well worth the wait
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
The Red Baron

Re: ...

Post by The Red Baron »

KCustom wrote:Nicky is doing great....Work is around 12 hrs a day for the next few weeks until some of my projects are complete. I hope to have some free time soon :)
How are the projects comming, had any free time lately? I would love to throw some new flares on my rig to keep the 33x12.50 tires from making such a mess! Hint hint. :wink: Seriously it has been a few weeks. Whats the scoop?

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

breathtaking that is what s10's were made for nice splashback pic
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

Why walk through a mud puddle when you can run and JUMP! :lol: OK, so maybe the only way I can make it through mud boggs is to blast through it. Damn 2wd :cry: Oh well, how about some news on the flares! Is this a dead project? Destined for the archives like Mikes (LS1ZR2)... Or is there light at the end of this tunnel? C’mon, toss us a bone KCustom. :P