Colorado front end

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Colorado front end

Post by code3crew »

SO I saw a couple months ago on this forum the pics of some peoples s-10's with Colorado front clips. I thought it looked cool then. Well my girlfriend just got her new Colorado crew cab from the dealer the other day and if you have not seen this thing yet........... YOU GOTTA SEE IT!!! I think it is awesome! It is very sporty and I just really like it's look. I feel more like I am in a truck in the s-10 but I wanna change the front clip of my s-10 over to the colorado front clip! There I said it! Now does anyone know what I will need for this? And how much roughly it will cost. And everyones comments on this project? I think I can keep my bumper and modify the grill piece? or is it the front fenders and the grill and the hood and the bumper?
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

I believe those pics were an Envoy front clip. The Colorado dimensions are so off that it would require alot of sheet metal work and be a big pain. The Envoy fits alot better and the s10 forum has a few good pics of it. I would also like to see an s-10 with the canyon front end. I like the look of the canyon grill alot better than the colorado.
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It will be a lot of money and a lot of custom fabrication. Not worth it IMHO. It would be easier to trade for one.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by code3crew »

I don't know about the cost? It may not be that much? If the Envoy front clip fits better I could mod that in. I will have to take a look.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I think it was a Trailblazer/new envoy front grill mod. Does not look hard to do but you got to find a good body shop which is the hard part. There are a few s10 with this mod at sounddomain.com

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

i work with a guy who could slap a Caddy CTS from end on the crew for about 10G. but that was before they came out with the compact Caddy SUV. btw he was the first guy to ever slap a Esclade clip on a Silverado. he got all the parts for the work at the Assembly plant in Arlington Texas... where we work. he had to kiss a lot of ass.
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

or he could of bought a caddy
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

my father-in-law works at the GM Arlington assembly plant.
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

who is he? i work in our material department on night shift.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

his name's Ron L.

i don't know where he works specifically, but he goes to work in the morning. i guess that's first shift???

he used to have a red '01 s-10 crew cab, but he recently traded that in for a black '04 GMC 2500HD SLT 4x4 with the Duramax.
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim