power programmer or chip??

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Mr.ZR5
Regular
Regular

power programmer or chip??

Post by Mr.ZR5 »

Just wanted some input on which people thought was a better "bang for the buck" on the programmers. Some people I talk to tell me to use a Jet and to stay away from the hypertechs. But it sounds like a couple of the guys on this forum are really pleased with what they got from hypertech. Just looking for some advice
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The programmers (Hypertech, Superchips) offer more options (tire/gear, choice of fuels, etc.) than the module (Jet) for a little more to nearly the same price.

I would interested in some feedback from someone using the Superchips Max Microtuner. It is not listed "up front" , but it is available.
Makes me a little nervous when you have to look real hard to find anything for the S-10 4.3L :? It is almost like they do not really support that application, or are not especially proud of that version of their product.

It would be nice to have the OBDII reader for trouble codes (in the max microtuner) , but the HPPIII seems to be more popular, and all those people can't be wrong :wink:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Mr.ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by Mr.ZR5 »

has anyone on this forum tried the superchips microtuner?
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

havent used the micro tuner but the hpp III is the way to go - stock the 4.3 has 190 hp and with an intake, mass sensor from a camero, a hpIII, and a few other minor things you can push well over 200 - closer to 215 hp, a buddy with a 4.3 in his ext. s10 gave me the idea to run the air rade intake, the mass sensor from a camero becuse he has teh hpIII and is super fst off the line and has plenty of get up at cruising speeds, nothing like our trucks, i have the same setup with bigger tires and 4.56 gears and run just fine, I would only suggest you stay with waht has worked for others
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]