anyone installed a steering wheel

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

anyone installed a steering wheel

Post by code3crew »

Hey has anyone out there put on a aftermarket steering wheel? I was thinking about one with 2 horn buttons one on each side http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... pId=539095 like this one. I know I need an install kit and to diable the airbag but I just wanted to know if anyone has done it? How it turned out? What people think? If it's worth it? Thanks Colby
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya i have thought about it but i didnt want to lose my airbag..(since i have been saved by one) :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

follow up

Post by code3crew »

ya I totally hear ya on that being a firefighter. My reason for wanting to change it over is to gain a second horn button for a siren or a airhorn set up? I wanted to install and did not want to mess with some add on that would look ununiformed. Plus I wanted a button that would make it so I do not have to move my hand off the wheel to turn my siren on (or a button to turn my lightbar on?) I just wonder if the wheel would be big enough or if it would look wierd or small? I also wonder if taking the wheel off would void the warrenty?
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

ever thought of putting a sterring wheel on from a blazer or another chev/gm with radio controls on the wheel? just rub the lettering off of the buttons and hook them up to what ever you want.

Aftermarket wheels usually require an adapter to go from chev/gm bolt pattern to six bolt or whatever style you choose.

An aftermarket wheel will not void your warranty, but may void your insurance.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Might want to look into some of the nitrous oxide systems manufacturers sites -- I bet someone makes a rotating collar style mount that attaches to your steering shaft so you can keep the NOS buttons on the steering wheel.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]