rain deflector

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

rain deflector

Post by KYLE »

:) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2439196365 :) i think i'll get one soon before winter kicks in. without if you roll a window down in the rain and get a shower :x
[size=75]2003 PEWTER GMC SONOMA CREWCAB, 1.5" SPACERS![/size]
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

Autozone was cheaper, if I remember right, I paid like $35.00 for all four of mine, and @& for the bug deflector.
KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KYLE »

SWEET, I'll check there first :)
rdivirgilio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rdivirgilio »

i paid $44.99 at AutoZone for my 4 piece kit and $59 for the bug deflector.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

How long have you guys had these on? I'm curious to find out how long that "tape" lasts and how much damage it does to the paint.
rdivirgilio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rdivirgilio »

i've had mine on for only 2 months on my crew. Now i have had them on my 89 ranger for 3 years with no problem, but they mount inside the window frame.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

yeah... I had a set like that on a ranger also. slid up in the window track and tape stuck to the felt. was much more secure and cleaner looking. I guess that's not really an option though with our rear window arrangement.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Weathertech

they now have them for crews and no tape! Mounts inside the window rail.

I had a set for another car and they are very nice. They also offer dard tinted ones as well as semi-tinted. They are also very easy to see through like they are sun-glasses. Def. worth the extra money. My neighbor bought a set for his trooper and I might get them now for both my trucks.

Cheers,
Con

Made the long url a link-HJ
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

NICE....

but, how do they work on the rear windows? just cover the operable part? That's gotta look kinda goofy, right?

You get a set and post some pics. Maybe I'll change my mind.

But, I gotta get something, it's ridiculous the amount of water that pours in through the driver's window when the wipers are goin'.
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

These are from Autovent Shade, you can barely see them though.Linked Image

Whoa! That was over the size limit for us poor dial-up members :shock: , Linked the image-HJ
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

barch97 wrote:NICE....

but, how do they work on the rear windows? just cover the operable part? That's gotta look kinda goofy, right?

You get a set and post some pics. Maybe I'll change my mind.

But, I gotta get something, it's ridiculous the amount of water that pours in through the driver's window when the wipers are goin'.
Yes, they only are as long as the window opening, unlike the ventshade which is the whole door length. I'll take a pic of my neighbor's Trooper tomorrow so you can see as it has similar style windows as ours. I just don't like tape. My Father in-law has had a set of ventshade with tape on his 94 buick since 94 and the tape is still holding well though.

I too roll up the windows when I use the wipers so that is annoying. This will help but I don't think it will help some.

I'm probably going to get a set but I was toying with the idea of getting the fullsize crew next year but I think moneywise the s10 Crew will be cheaper to maintain in the long run so I'm proabably going to start moding the crew more now. Plus it is paid for. :)

Cheers,
Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

:roll: whoops sorry :)
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

24digger wrote:These are from Autovent Shade, you can barely see them though.Linked Image
they don't look bad at all. Hard to tell from that pic though. Do they stick to the painted metal on the door or to the black plastic frame around the window?
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

barch97 wrote:it's ridiculous the amount of water that pours in through the driver's window when the wipers are goin'.
:lol: yep. :lol: :wink:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

They stick to the trim around the window, not the paint.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

HA, I got mine soon after I bought my truck so I just got the one for regular S-10 without the back doors. I kind alike it just on the front, or maybe I am just used to it. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

i got mine for a 01 crew cab and they fit like champs, the adhere to the black seal at the top of the window, havent had any problems in 8 months with them, just remember to get the angles right when installing and to tuck in the front in the mirrors, you dont need to loosen the mirrors any just pull them a little bit and theyll move
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Had mine on my Blaze for over a year -- no issues.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

smokinjoe wrote:i got mine for a 01 crew cab and they fit like champs,
Got any pics? I'd like to see what they look like on a pewter crew.
Might be adding them to mine :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KYLE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KYLE »

24digger wrote:These are from Autovent Shade, you can barely see them though.Linked Image
thats what I want, something you can't see. but do they keep the rain out? :mrgreen:
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

well only if your window is down a couple of inchs, if mine is half down or less rain comes back in, but you can put your window down a good 3 inches past the bottom of the deflector and its ok
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

here are mine installed on a pewter crew. It was the first thing I bought for the truck

[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

yeah mine look like that,i just havent had time to take pics and load them and all that stuff
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

OK... Justin's look great. Think we could get group purchase rate on these?
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

Wow, those look sharp. I have considered getting some for the 3 months a year I can put my windows down.

Can you hear any noise turbulence with the wind going over them?

Any negative / positive effect on the airflow into the cab?
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

I have had mine on for over a year now, without any problems. Since I smoke, my window is always down. I found that if I roll my front window down about 3", and roll the back drivers side window down just a bit, there is no change in the cab as far as wind. There is no noticable difference in the sound of the truck (Wind resistance) For the price that I paid for them, I would have to say that this has been my best low budget mod yet.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

whenever the front window is down, it is pretty noisy. I don't think I have been in a truck with more wind noise out of the front window than the crew. I do put the rear windows down but if you put them down more than half way, you start to hear that pummeling sound. Now i just open the moor roof and it is suprisingly comfortable.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Installed the Weathertech deflectors today.
They install in just a few minutes. The fronts fit very nicely and snap in quickly :thumb: I do like the fact that they do not have a "relief" on the lower edge like some, but instead use a heavier plastic to create rigidity.

The rears , leave a little to be desired. They are a little "off" on the fit requiring some grinding of edges to make a little improvement. They do only fit in the section that rolls down, which I thought would look strange, but instead looks just fine. Close inspection of the rears will reveal the less than perfect fit, however they are a pretty close match on tint and virtually disappear at first glance.

I think the front set are great, rears adequite, and will have a better impression of the functionality after some time and use.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:shock: I never knew rain deflectors could be such a hot topic! :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I've got the one for the rear window too. Little pointless but looks good. The one for the rear adhears to the paint instead of the rubber
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

HenryJ wrote:Installed the Weathertech deflectors today.
They install in just a few minutes. The fronts fit very nicely and snap in quickly :thumb: I do like the fact that they do not have a "relief" on the lower edge like some, but instead use a heavier plastic to create rigidity.

The rears , leave a little to be desired. They are a little "off" on the fit requiring some grinding of edges to make a little improvement. They do only fit in the section that rolls down, which I thought would look strange, but instead looks just fine. Close inspection of the rears will reveal the less than perfect fit, however they are a pretty close match on tint and virtually disappear at first glance.

I think the front set are great, rears adequite, and will have a better impression of the functionality after some time and use.
I'd love to see a pic if you'd be so kind. Thanks.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

HenryJ wrote:Installed the Weathertech deflectors today.

Did you get the dark tinted ones are the light tinted ones? I was thinking on getting the dark ones for the rear and the light ones for the front.

Thanks,
Con
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Weathertech deflectors
Did you get the dark tinted ones are the light tinted ones? I was thinking on getting the dark ones for the rear and the light ones for the front.
I did not see a choice in depth/shade of tint.

I have the ones linked above. The tint is really close to the sunshield tint at the top of the windshield, and matches the rear quarter windows pretty well.

If I was to do it again, my feelings right now are that, I would just get the fronts. The fit and finish was good on the fronts.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

They have a darker tinted one called WeatherFlectors DARK. I guess you got the light tinted ones. They just started selling the darker ones recently.

Cheers,
Con

Inserted the link for you-HJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:They have a darker tinted one called WeatherFlectors DARK.
I didn't know there was an option for DARK ones :roll: These will be OK though, I'm sure they are the lighter ones.

EDIT: These are pretty good about quieting the buffetting of the wind while the window is down about 3".
They do have a redish tint when in direct sunlight, which is a little disappointing.

- ThunderII KE7CSK