Headers?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Randy

Headers?

Post by Randy »

Has anyone on the site installed headers on there truck yet? I really like the way the JBA headers look, and a buddy of mine said he would help me throw them on. I was just wondering if it was a hard job or not, and what if any problems you had installing them. Thanks :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

like any other engine mods to the s-10. i am sure you just cant throw them on. you can barely reach your hand in there to get to the bolts. i like the way they look too, but you cant really see them anyways, i dont know of anyone who has them. if you do it, let me know, i would like to help you out on the install just to see how it goes. i will take some pics too and then make a write up on the install process :)
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Headers

Post by Steven »

I tried and failed. The body lift makes the Stearing box to close. I purchased a nice set of JBA's and tried to get them to fit. Just not enough room. If your truck is not lifted, JBA's are the best choice, they are just bolt on, and seem not to bad to install.

I was unhappy cause I REALLY REALLY wanted them. Someday I'll try again, only next time I wont fail.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Steven
Crew
Crew

Headers

Post by Steven »

I tried and failed. The body lift makes the Stearing box to close. I purchased a nice set of JBA's and tried to get them to fit. Just not enough room. If your truck is not lifted, JBA's are the best choice, they are just bolt on, and seem not to bad to install.

I was unhappy cause I REALLY REALLY wanted them. Someday I'll try again, only next time I wont fail.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
Randy

Post by Randy »

Did you return the Headers or do you want to sell them? Our truck has no lift installed, so I think they will work just fine. Please let me know about yours or where you got them, and how much you paid, Thanks :P
Steven
Crew
Crew

Headers

Post by Steven »

No, I just returned them. They took them back with no questions, cause they told me they would fit with the lift and did not. I payed $350 for them. You can get them just about any speed shop, or truck shop.

Good luck! Hope they work well for you.
redcrew

Post by redcrew »

i would think a good muffler and larger tailpipe would be more effective than a set of headers especially at low rpm.

i have heard headers really dont' benefit much until you get to the 5k rpm range..