9 questions

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

mouse1376
Regular
Regular

9 questions

Post by mouse1376 »

1st the wheel spacers that everyone is talking about and using, Has anyone tried to machine these themselfs? if not why not? (excuse my ignorance) How do the lug bolts work? are they 2" longer (using a 2" spacer)? or are they the same length just receised into the spacer? any problems with using the spacers?

2nd They body lifts anyone had any problems long term with installing these? Besides the usual cab mounts, is there any big mods you have to do when installing one? I did one of these on an old toyota i had to drill out the steering shaft. not a big deal on an old yota but not something i want to do to a new truck if ya get my idea.

3rd i have to put a new bumper cover and grill on it (wife ran into a pole) anyone know of any cool aftermarket stuff? its gotta run through insurance anyway :twisted:

thanks in advance for your time and help
Last edited by mouse1376 on Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: 3 questions

Post by Warnoffroad »

mouse1376 wrote:wife ran into a pole
:lol: thats why you need to go up high like me, that way she couldnt get in it even if she wanted to.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

first, If you have access to a cnc machine, then machining your own spacers would be do-able. But buying the aluminum, bolts, nuts and your time + wear on cnc machine could add up to the $140 it cost for the spacers.

Second, no problems with the body lift. Our trucks are no older than 4 years old so I doubt any body lift problems have occurred.

Third, I bought my grill with an insert off ebay. If you want a stylish aftermarket front bumper, look at xenon. The only problem is that our trucks have tow hooks.. You may have to buy a factory replacement
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

I counted 9 question marks. :lol:

Wheel spacers: You could machine your own if you worked at a machine shop and were skilled at it. That is all the manufacturers do. I have a photo of my Performance Wheel spacers HERE from before I put them on. I've had no problems with using the spacers.

Body lift: I've had no problems so far but only a few months into it. Relocating the tow hooks to the proper location in the bumper openings takes some reinforcement to the upper frame surface. I just finished mine and will post pics after I figure out how to get them out of my new digital camera.

Bumper cover: I've never seen that.
Last edited by Mike H. on Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

mouse1376 wrote:1st the wheel spacers that everyone is talking about and using, Has anyone tried to machine these themselfs? if not why not?
You're excused I guess, since your a newbee. :lol: And welcome to the Forum!

And if you can make them youself, you better find a new job if you aren't already a proffessional machinist!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
mouse1376
Regular
Regular

Post by mouse1376 »

Not to hard to tell that i am new. :roll: Thanks for the info, i have access to cool gear and people at work. When you do the conversion from U.S. to Canadain bucks it getts a little pricey. money is pretty tight these days thats why I ask. I know i just missed out on a group order of the spacers. was wondering if there might be another sometime in the near future?

Again thanks in advance
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

thats why you need to go up high like me, that way she couldnt get in it even if she wanted to.
If I wanted to keep my wife out of my vehicle I would have kept my lowered Eclipse. She is 5" taller than me ( forget the truck lift i need elevator shoes) all leg :mrgreen:
she refused to ride in the Eclipse when she was pregnant.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

There's a place in Chicago called AedoFab that makes pretty stout steel front bumpers... www.aedofab.com They may be a little more than you're looking for though.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya if you have to replace the bumper and grill...get a cool one!!! or fab up a cool prerunner bar :D

and just buy some spacers and do the body lift, if everyone else has a problem in 3 years, you will fit right in and be apart of the group :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]