removing Zr5 stickers

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

removing Zr5 stickers

Post by duce »

i think most of us have done this already shaved the emblems off the back of our trucks and the sls logos. but i also want to remove the zr5 sticker from the doors i have custom zr5 decals i want to replace them with the other ones are just to plane.has anyone removed theirs?
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Are the OEM vinyl like some of the aftermarket ones? Would the 3M adhesive remover work?
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'd try parking it out in the sun for a few hours and then start peeling. Whatever adhesive is left, use the adhesive remover.

Or maybe try a heat gun...but be careful with that...don't want to bake the paint.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Since your truck is new and you value your paint -- you might want to take it to a shop that does vinyl graphics on vehicles, like police cars or moving vans -- they have the proper tools and stuff -- I think there are some buffer style "erasers" that take the sticker off.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
badandy2003cc4x4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by badandy2003cc4x4 »

use a razor blade a heat gun and a steady hand then clean up with goo gone or rubing alchol or adhesive romoverwhen i use to detail for car dealerships I had to remove a lot of stikers other dealership stickers, torn pin stripes, or the worst large event advertisment stickers such as the state fair.
or skip the heat gun and use water as lube and the razor since your sticker is not old and sun baked on
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

post pics of you new ones and where you got them :D
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

actually, they peel right off, get you some good fingers and a garbage can and youll be good to hook
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

use a razor blade a heat gun
Caution with a heat gun. They get very hot and can damage the paint.
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i took mine off in like 6 seconds. :P i bought new ones and put it one the bed instead of the door where the gmcs are. i just got it sarted with a putty knife and then peeled away
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

finger nail, elbow grease, an 10 minutes, first rub or spray some elbow grease on the sticker, you can pick this up at Wal-Mart, then pull your finger nail from your toolbox, very carefully start at any corner, apply more elbow grease if needed, then peel away, viola, put the heat guns away tim allen, put the putty knife away bob vila, :roflmao: you carry all the tools you need every where you go, and there is alot less chance of messing up your paint, big plus
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I decided to keep my zr5 stickers.. I like em too much.. I did add some 4x4 stickers on the bed.
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

isnt that kinda like putting 4x4 stickers on a jeep, or advertising it for sale in the paper and making sure you add in large letters, FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, i believe the word i'm looking for is redundant :idea: