A few questions for you professionals

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

A few questions for you professionals

Post by smokinjoe »

ok I dont know much about lifts, as a matter of fact this is the first time i've ever put serious thought into doing it, but if wanted about 3 or 4 inches of body lift id need about a 2 inch BL kit,rear shackles, and crank up the torsion bar, right? that would also let me throw on some 30's, right?

now would i also have to cut my wheel wells so the tires fit or would they fit and also not rub w/o cutting, because i'm not looking into losing any of my turn radius, it's not that great as it is. and would this kinda stuff void the warranty. also does anyone know of a good supercharger for the 4.3 litre? i'd also like to be able to say thats theres something under the hood other than a nice lift and some big tires?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: A few questions for you professionals

Post by HenryJ »

smokinjoe wrote: if wanted about 3 or 4 inches of body lift id need about a 2 inch BL kit,rear shackles, and crank up the torsion bar, right? that would also let me throw on some 30's, right?
Just the 2" bodylift and a mild T-bar adjustment should clear the 30's

now would i also have to cut my wheel wells so the tires fit or would they fit and also not rub w/o cutting, because i'm not looking into losing any of my turn radius, it's not that great as it is. and would this kinda stuff void the warranty.
I'm running 31x10.5-15 Geolandar M/T's with just the above and a 2"rear spring kit (ran for a year without it). I only have a little rub on the front tire, inside rear frame, nothing bad enough for me to worry about though.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

running 30's or 31's wont do anything to your turning radius....and whether or not you can clear 30's or 31's depends on your wheels and how wide your rims and tires are. if you just put 30x9 n your stock truck, you might just rub on big bumps but a 2" bl would "bl looks really good on our crew cabs

and there is one guy here who has a supercharger.....do a search for supercharger and you will find some threads about it
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

groovy, thanks, how hard is it to do all this stuff, like the 2" BL and T-bar crank, and whats a good brand tire for some 30's, i was looking at some yokohama's i'm not really into off roading that much i only do it when i really need to. and will 30X 9.5 R15 fit on my ZR5 15X7 inch rims?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

30x9.5's will fit no problem.

The BL will take about 6-8 hours with help and a decent amount of patience. Torsion bar crank takes basically no time at all. Remember to get an alignment afterwards though. Adding the lift shackles in the rear takes maybe 1-2 hours, and it's a good idea to get a little help froma friend with that job too.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

and with all this including tires and all i'll have about an extra 3 1/2 to 4 inches on the body, because thats all i really need, i dont do much off roading but i'd like to be able to use the step bars that came on my truck
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

smokinjoe wrote:and with all this including tires and all i'll have about an extra 3 1/2 to 4 inches on the body, because thats all i really need, i dont do much off roading but i'd like to be able to use the step bars that came on my truck

:lol: good point :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
dhawke
Crew
Crew

Post by dhawke »

I'm running 30X9.5-15 BFG AT KO's on the stock rims, on my completely stock crew. I haven't noticed any rubbing at full lock even when I hit a bump.
[size=75]'03 Crew K&N Drop-in, Sylvania Silverstars, BFG AT KO's(30X9.5X15)[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

do you have a lift?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I had my 30x9.5" Dunlop M/T's on for a good month without any lift or anything and the only time they rubbed is when I hit a 2' deep hole going 30mph with my sway bar disconnected on a trail. other than that, they never rubbed. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

I had about 6"s of lift on my cc with 31x11.5 swampers which were really about 32" on 15x8 wheels and never had them run even on really big bumps. But I would never recomend an IFS lift kit after what happened to me. :lol:
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

warnoffroad wrote:I had about 6"s of lift on my cc with 31x11.5 swampers which were really about 32" on 15x8 wheels and never had them run even on really big bumps. But I would never recomend an IFS lift kit after what happened to me. :lol:

What happened to you???
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

:lol: I thought about everyone knew this story.

Ok I was out with some frineds doing some wheelin on some hill. I was going up a hill at about .5 mph. Then I heard a pop, what I thought was just a CV turned out to be a blow front diff and twisted CV shafts. It would cost over 4200 just to put it back together. So I took it to chucks trucks and he straight axled it.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

The lift did that? How?
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Truckin Suspensions lift did it, and I dont know how it happend.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I just got off the phone with Sam's Club (a.k.a. Walmart 2). They sell the stock- sized BFG A/T KO for $95 a piece and the 31's for $105. They had those in stock. They can order the 30" (takes about 7 business days) for $101.33 ea and the 30" Mud-Terrain for 113.16 ea. The Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers are $84.07 ea in the 30's. Hmmm.
-Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

NTXCrew wrote:I just got off the phone with Sam's Club (a.k.a. Walmart 2). They sell the stock- sized BFG A/T KO for $95 a piece and the 31's for $105. They had those in stock. They can order the 30" (takes about 7 business days) for $101.33 ea and the 30" Mud-Terrain for 113.16 ea. The Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers are $84.07 ea in the 30's. Hmmm.

those BFG are a good price!!!

i have had them on my truck and they dont wear at all
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Pat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Pat »

a2b wrote:
NTXCrew wrote:I just got off the phone with Sam's Club (a.k.a. Walmart 2). They sell the stock- sized BFG A/T KO for $95 a piece and the 31's for $105. They had those in stock. They can order the 30" (takes about 7 business days) for $101.33 ea and the 30" Mud-Terrain for 113.16 ea. The Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers are $84.07 ea in the 30's. Hmmm.

those BFG are a good price!!!

i have had them on my truck and they dont wear at all

Do they have Sams Club in California or do you think the price would be the same at Walmart. My tires are all messed up due to the fact that the ball joints failed.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I don't know. I guess you could give 'em a call. I do know that they carry the BFG brand.
-Jim