Crew
Crew

Throttle Body Spacers

Post by S10CREW01 »

I have found 2 companies that have throttle Body Spacers they are:

Spacer #1 (Crane)

& (and)

Spacer #2 (Airaid)

What is the major differance here (Other then price $$ and Company)?
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The design of the inner bore.

There are a few more out there. TransDapt , Helix Power tower, Powerdyne
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

Can you expect an increase of Up To 22 Hp & Up to 4 MPG Increase w/ this?

This is what they have advertised on the sight Hmmmm.
Last edited by S10CREW01 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:roflmao:

You can expect to raise the throttle body 1" for easier access to the thermostat and if you get one with a spiral design you may hear a whistling noise.
It does help align the intake better after a bodylift too.

I can't say mine has added much in terms of horsepower. I added it to help mix the EGR gasses after installing the CFM throttle blade. I also installed a couple EGR restrictors.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

:shock: So no increase in HP... Hmmmm :cry:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Expect to pay $100 per horsepower and you'll be satisfied with the results.

I would do it again, but not for what gains in performance it will provide by itself.

I have seen posts from some that are running the TransDapt spacers and they are very adamant that it is a big gain. I don't know what to believe there though. If I were going to try another one, that would probably be the brand.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

HenryJ wrote: I have seen posts from some that are running the TransDapt spacers and they are very adamant that it is a big gain. I don't know what to believe there though. If I were going to try another one, that would probably be the brand.
Thanks for the info. Any one had any luck with this please post...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If they do anything to improve performance it will be microscopic :shock:

I think that without the mods that HJ has done to his crew that the throttle body spacer is an exception to the $100 = 1 HP rule but, it does add a little dash of color, in the case of the Poweraid one, and makes changing the T-stats a 2 minute job. :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The swirl spacers are just a gimmick and won't make more power because they are actually causing more intake air turbulence and sometimes an annoying whistling noise. Some might argue this claim, but simple airflow dynamics prove otherwise. The best and simplest design is a smooth bore TB spacer or if you still want a swirling one get the Jet TB spacer since it does not have a steep angle on the spiral and will flow better. When I installed my Powerdyne TB spacer I did gain 2-3 more mpg and better throttle response in the mid to upper rpm range. The hp gain is minimal, maybe 3-5 hp. If you do a search for TB spacers here you will get even more info. :wink:

Steve
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

killian96ss wrote:When I installed my Powerdyne TB spacer I did gain 2-3 more mpg and better throttle response in the mid to upper rpm range. The hp gain is minimal, maybe 3-5 hp. If you do a search for TB spacers here you will get even more info. :wink:

Steve
Thanks for the Info Steve.