LIFT DONE

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

RA
Regular
Regular

LIFT DONE

Post by RA »

well guys got the bl on today took about 9 hours. but it sure was worth it its starting to look like a 4x4. I still have a full day of work tomorrow trying to figure out how to mount the grill guard, nerf bars & fab a gap guard for the rear. I bought a gm hitch and went ahead and put it on today looks good. if anyone has any suggestions for tomor :D row let me know. oh yea, one of my rear shocks looks like it is leaking my cc is still under warranty should i take it in or just buy some aftermarket.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

go after market the stock shocks are JUNK

THREAD ABOUT SHOCKS

I would say most are running either Rancos or Bilsteins
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

The general feeling around here is that the stock shocks are good for about 10k miles. As long as you're still under warranty, you could put off another couple hundred dollars for 6 months to a year by taking it in for warranty replacement.

*Note: Although a body lift has absolutely no effect on shocks, don't be surprised if they give you a hard time about replacing them.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'm guessing since you bought a Gm hitch, your plan is to raise it as well, right?

9 hours is a pretty good time, you must have some experience.
The stock shocks are not good , take it in for warranty replacement if you wish. I did and have the new ones in the garage still.
Aftermarket shocks will make even new stock shocks look really bad. Do a little looking there are many suggestions on brand and where to buy.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I am running Rancho RSX with the variable internal valve ing. They are supposed to adjust to the road conditions by opening and closing internal damper valve so when you are on rough roads they open up and give a softer ride and on the highway they close for stiffer ride. They really were an inprovment in handeling. The stockers were shot with 7k on them and they only had pressure on one direction.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
RA
Regular
Regular

Post by RA »

yea, i tried drilling holes yesterday to move the hitch up but i need a better bit. i wish i had a drill press i might have to use the cutting torch or make a trip to home depot. as far as the good time on the install my buddy help me he likes doing stuff like that. he built a chevy luv drag racing truck its awsome. im pretty sure without his help id still be working on it. one thing is for sure i got to get some tires before to long. the truck looks a bit funny now. we were both suprised at how much it rasied it up. i like it
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

RA wrote:yea, i tried drilling holes yesterday to move the hitch up but i need a better bit. i wish i had a drill press i might have to use the cutting torch.
I paid a local machine shop $10 to drill 6 new holes 1.5" higher and cut off the the bottom 1.5" so it will sit flush with the cross piece. :wink:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RA wrote:yea, i tried drilling holes yesterday to move the hitch up but i need a better bit.
Drill a pilot hole first. Don't exceed 1/3 the diameter. I like to use a 3/16" bit for 1/2" holes.
Make sure the bits are sharp , drill slow with good pressure and you'll do fine.

Drop some pics of the LUV in the NOS section if you get the chance. I'd love to see the drag racer :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RA
Regular
Regular

Post by RA »

sounds good i'll try the pilot hole and get some pics of the luv.
RA
Regular
Regular

Post by RA »

hey guys i need some help. i noticed yesterday when i was working on the hitch that the round bar under the bed that lowers the spare is out of place. im sure it came out when we were lifting the bed anyways i can't get it back in the hole. has anyone had this happen?
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

you may have to loosen the bumper enough to move thing around
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I had to drill a new hole for that bar, per PA's instructions - course mine was for a blazer - dunno if the crews are different.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]