clear corner and condensation..

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

clear corner and condensation..

Post by michael_4x4 »

i have my clear corners for a while and the passenger side keeps getting condensation in it.... :twisted: :x ...its really making me mad and the bulb keeps screwing up... :twisted: :twisted: what do i do...
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Was the clear corners a name brand? Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

I've researched them a liitle and this is common problem I have seen on other forums.,
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

Post by michael_4x4 »

no...ebay special...thats what i was wondering..geuss i should look in to gettin some good ones...
[size=75]Contact me anytime at
Michael_4x4_15@hotmail.com
2"BL.Torison Bar crank..clear corners..ebay air intake siruis satelite radio scanner hitch tailights tint all around...stero systemhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/693359[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Make sure that your gaskets are good on the bulb socket. Use some dielectric silicone when you install the bulb.
If all that is good take some time to seal the seams on the housing.
The two halves are bonded together and there may be some leakage that you could seal with a clear plastic adhesive cement.

Mine are APC. What is a "good one" ?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

mine are APC also and no problems so far
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

Mine are EBay specials. My suggestion would be to make sure that they are clipped in both spots. When installing them put the end near the door in first then push on the center one.
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:.....Mine are APC. What is a "good one" ?

I do not have anything in concrete. Have just read that APC is the only one to make corners to work with factory fogs and that they were not as good as others. I have thought about clear corners and had I chosen to get them I would have eliminated the factory fog lamps anyway. IMO the factory fogs are next to worthless.

I lost a best friend due to fog and lack of stripes on a newly resurfaced section of I-75 near Dayton, OH in the seventies. I have pretty much kept up with fog lamps and ones that you cannot adjust are worthless. The sealing of the sections of the aftermarket corners seems to work but, why would I want to do that if, the item was supposed to be a "plug-n-play"?

Sorry :bonk: Keep it to clear corners, I know :bonk:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:... ones that you cannot adjust are worthless.
I have adjusted my factory fogs, and with the 55w upgrade they are functional. Not the best , but not worth eliminating, IMO.

Guess that i did just want to add that they are not "fixed" position and can be adjusted.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:.................Guess that i did just want to add that they are not "fixed" position and can be adjusted.
I guess should have added that they are not "easily" adjusted and may as well be fixed in my case. They never held their position and after taking my grille on and off for one mod or another for what seems like a hundred times, I gave up. It's now a moot point since my grille/brush guard is partially blocking them anyway :(