Auto-Dim Rear view mirrior mod

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Auto-Dim Rear view mirrior mod

Post by S10CREW01 »

I ordered an Auto-Dim rearview mirror off of eBay. I was wondering if any one else has attempted this MOD and has a wire up how to? I have the install and wire up on the center counsel. If not I will work on up and submit it. One more question for you all, is there a good way of getting the old mirror off with out cracking the windshield?
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

There Is A Slot In The Bottom Of The Mount Where You Should Be Able To Get An Allen Key In To Loosen The Mirror From The Mount. You Should NOT Have To Remove The Mount From The Windshield Just Remove The Rear View Mirror From The Mount. Of Course I Could Be TOTALLY Wrong Too :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

Here is the answer to my question:

"If you're asking how to get the mirror off the button, that's a different story. There is no little Allen screw holding everything together. Instead there's a little piece of spring metal between the mirror and the button that holds everything in place. Take a tiny standard screw driver and insert it into the little slot on the bottom of the mirror bracket. Press the spring metal back inside and it will release the button. It took me a freaking hour to figure that out."

Auto Dim Mirror Install

First off disconnect the battery positive battery cable.
Remove Over head Counsel (OHC) (3 screws) 1– toward the wind shield 2= under the dome light cover.

Remove Old mirror as indicated above.

Run the wires from the Auto Dim mirror from the windshield to the OHC under the head liner. (There is a slot there that the wires can slide through.)

Wiring as follows into the OHC :
Black to black (negative Wire)
Dark Green to light green (Power Wire)

Attach mirror to Button

Reinstall OHC

Reconnect the positive BAT Cable

Enjoy!!!

Easy 45 Min mod after the Rear View comes off. Any one that has Question PM me, Pictures available upon your request. Good luck and enjoy your CC..
Last edited by S10CREW01 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Good information :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK