I need dimensions of the studs that stock ZR5 steps mount to

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

knaffie
Regular
Regular

I need dimensions of the studs that stock ZR5 steps mount to

Post by knaffie »

I have a couple sets of sliders to make up for members on here. They both want to use the factory mounting studs on the frame for the sliders to mount to. I don't have a truck at my disposal to use to measure these. Does anybody have some sort of documentation that shows the location of these studs? I woud REALLY appreciate it if you did!
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: I need dimensions of the studs that stock ZR5 steps moun

Post by gocntry »

knaffie wrote:I have a couple sets of sliders to make up for members on here. They both want to use the factory mounting studs on the frame for the sliders to mount to. I don't have a truck at my disposal to use to measure these. Does anybody have some sort of documentation that shows the location of these studs? I woud REALLY appreciate it if you did!
Hey Knaffie,

I Don't Have My Nerf Bars On My Truck Right Now So I Can Take Some Pics And Measurements Off Those This Weekend It You Want. F9K9 Might Be Able To Do It Sooner And He Can Probably Help With Any Measurements Too. The Zr5 Nerf Bars Have Plates That Bolt To The Frame 3 Of The Plates Use 3 Bolts And 1 Uses 2 Bolts I Believe, I Can Even Trace The Bolt Patterns On To A Piece Of Paper For You Too. Just Let Me Know What Would Be The Easiest.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Be sure to explain which is the front , right, left and up. lay it out to a C/L grid too. That way he can line them up correctly.
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Be sure to explain which is the front and up. lay it out to a grid too. That way he can line them up.
I'll try to help when/if I get my crew back from the dealer. I'm still driving their POS '05 Malabu :(
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Is anybody close enough to just send him your ZR5 side bars as a pattern? That would be by far the easiest/best way to get things exactly right.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry,

This is gonna have to depend on you for the measurements. My crew is still at the dealership until late monday or tuesday. I figured they would yank my CD player and let me drive around with an empty hole in my dash until mine was fixed. When I called this evening, they told me my new stereo would be in Monday and I should have it Monday night. I think I like my extended warranty company.

Reed
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

F9K9 wrote:gocntry, This is gonna have to depend on you for the measurements
Ok...No Prob

HJ Can You Give Me A Quick Lesson On How To Read A Tape Measure?? I Think I Can Find That Little Roll Tape My Wife Uses When She's Sewing :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'll Have To See How Much It Cost To Just Send The Nerf Bars To Chris To Use For A Pattern.

What Do Ya Think Chris.....Need The Nerf Bars?? Just Lay Out A Grid On Some Paper For The Spacing??
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There's one more consideration that I have already mentioned to Chris. When I bought my used WAAG grille/Brush Guard from a guy (member of ZR2.com) that had it on his ZR2, I had to have brackets made because the ZR2 frame was narrower (at least in the front) :shock:

Brule can correct me on this but, I believe we will need measurements from the outside of our frames to the start of our exterior sheet metal.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The difference should be unimportant.
I don't know what happened with the brush guard, but the 2001 Helm's manual shows the front measurements to be exactly the same. Perhaps there was some confusion with the shield and tow hook mounting points?

The frames do differ slightly at the point where the back of the tire rubs the frame on our trucks. The ZR2 chassis is narrower at this point back to the front cab mounts. From there back we are 1 cm wider (513) to the back of our cab and then the same (512) all the way back.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:The difference should be unimportant.
I don't know what happened with the brush guard, but the 2001 Helm's manual shows the front measurements to be exactly the same. Perhaps there was some confusion with the shield and tow hook mounting points?

The frames do differ slightly at the point where the back of the tire rubs the frame on our trucks. The ZR2 chassis is narrower at this point back to the front cab mounts. From there back we are 1 cm wider (513) to the back of our cab and then the same (512) all the way back.
Well, I am sure you are correct but, I know that I had to have the brackets w/tow hook holes moved out over an inch on each side but, that is neither here nor there. Thanks for your help.