yes or no on airad t/b spacer

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

michael_4x4
Crew
Crew

yes or no on airad t/b spacer

Post by michael_4x4 »

so do i want to spend a 100 dollars on a throttle body spacer...wil it make a difference
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

NO! It does add color and helps to change thermostats but, that is all :D IMHO
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Pretty worthless mod, I have done it and ummm it didn't do anything.

try searching too, this topic has been beat to death
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

I've heard that those tornado air spiralers work better on our V6's. i think there's a couple people on here with the tornado installed....anybody who has done it, any difference?
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: yes or no on airad t/b spacer

Post by killian96ss »

michael_4x4 wrote:so do i want to spend a 100 dollars on a throttle body spacer...wil it make a difference
When I installed my Powerdyne TB spacer I didn't notice much of a hp increase, but I did pick up 4 extra mpg, and it made it easier to hook up my K&N FIPK because of my 2" BL. The only other mods I did with the TB spacer was a new cap, rotor, plugs, & wires. I believe the TB spacer contributed the most to this mpg increase. I was 14-16 mpg before, and 19-21 mpg after! IMHO the best TB spacer designs are either a smooth bore type or one like Powerdyne makes which speeds up airflow. Don't believe all the hype about those swirling, turbulence making spacers that claim to make hp. You want to speed up airflow not make more turbulence. :D I believe my TB spacer made a difference, but most people will say theirs didn't, but then again I believe I'm the only one running the Powerdyne version. :wink:

Steve
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

killian96ss,

That Spacer Is Listed For Up To A '02 Any Clue If It Fits An '03? I Don't See Why It Wouldn't But I could Be Wrong. I'd Be Up To Try One If My Gas Mileage Goes Up A Couple MPG.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

gocntry wrote:killian96ss,

That Spacer Is Listed For Up To A '02 Any Clue If It Fits An '03? I Don't See Why It Wouldn't But I could Be Wrong. I'd Be Up To Try One If My Gas Mileage Goes Up A Couple MPG.
Alot of manufacturers are a couple years behind on part # applications, and I don't think there is anything different between an 02-03 especially the intake manifolds and throttle bodys. I got mine from Summit part # PWA-S10511-005 $99.95. A good tune up will also help your gas mileage. :wink:
http://www.powerdyne.com/powerplates.htm

Steve