Exhaust or lift first?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Exhaust or lift first?

Post by BADs Crew »

O.K. I order my Blistein Shocks and they will be installed on Saturday. I want to do the MagnaFlow system with this Borla Tip. Should I do my lift before the exhaust system? Will the lift effect it any? I wanted to get my wheels and tires before the lift but cant untill after vacation time due to the $$$$ I know we will spend, but I am going to NEED the exhaust system soon.

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

As long as your installer knows that you will be doing a BL and to tuck things up close, there should be no problem.

As easy as the shocks are to install, why don't you do it yourself?

Even if you have no tools, I bet you can purchase what you need close to what the installation will cost. We can talk you through it and the tools will be with you 40 yrs after you trade the crew. :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I wish I could install em myself. I use to swap engines and trannys and do all the work on my rides. I have all the tools but I had a fall a few years back and tore both my shoulders all to hell. Now my check book does all my work. The shop I go to does great work and the guys that are going to do my lift are on the ball too. http://www.ecoh4x4.com/ These guys did all the work on my last S-10 4x4.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

If I was closer and I am sure I speak for all of us..............we'd do it for some ice water (or beer) and some old war story swapping. Am sorry if I offended, Brother:)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

WATER!!!? It would have to be COLD beer. There's alway some Heinekens and Coors Lite in my frig. It depends on what kind of a day I had at work on which one I grab when I get home. Any time any of you guys what a cold one your welcome to it. The only one that I have seen even close to me is Jeff024. I'm an old Earnhardt fan but I wont go there. Thanks for the offer and no offence taken.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

HEHE

My name is Jeff

But im also a Gordon fan :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Earnhardt? Gordon? Aren't they the guys that only turn left? :P
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Do the lift first. You will never know what will be in the way. You may have to re-do some bends.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I've been to a lot of races and I have seen em turn right too. I ain't pretty but it always brings people to there feet. :shock: Oh thanks for all your guys info the site is great.