superchargers????

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

superchargers????

Post by jeggers »

Ok i bought a travle trailer last week and loaded its about 4500 to 5000 lbs. took it to wisconsin on friday and got about 7mpg. :cry: would a blower help much. the truck could realy use some more power. oh, and a silerado is not in the budget.

Any thought would be great. thanks
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

gears gears and more gears
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Supercharger = $4400.
Turbo = $6000.
V8 swap = somewhere between the two, depending on what you do.

Any large boost in horsepower is almost sure to require a lot of other mods to support the increased power if you want everything to last (HJ, help me out here!). Seems to me you will quickly outspend what upgrading to a reasonably equipped Silverado is going to cost, considering the current "employee discount" prices I've seen.

Personally though, I'd hate to see another CC owner leave us! We've lost too many as it is. :(
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

i really don't know much about this subject . But i believe that you would have to use High oct. pump gas with those FI units , and they don't really help milliage , just power .
I think gearing maybe a solution , and possibly a programer , and free up the flow of air ( exhaust/ induction etc .)
Try and make the engine more efficient .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

proficient performance powerdyne supercharger
$3000 with free shipping
it says it's only applicable up to '02 but i don't know why it wouldn't work on your truck.
i've thought about this option too, the only question i have is how much extra boost will a supercharger deliver at low RPM range while travelling freeway or highway?????? i know at high RPM's you'll make 35-50% more power.......
anyone have any thoughts,

long url linked-HJ
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

another thing to consider is you are towing a 4000-5000 pound object and the 4.3's aren't known to make good gas millage anyways......might just be the nature of the beast under heavy load.
do you have the 3.73 gears or 3.42?

hey, i'm in the "elite" club now 8) yeah!
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeff wrote:gears gears and more gears
I am at about 4000 rpms going up small hills, wont gearing it down make the rpms go up?
rusty wrote: Seems to me you will quickly outspend what upgrading to a reasonably equipped Silverado is going to cost, considering the current "employee discount" prices I've seen.
The gms prise is great i have a gm employee in the family and i have used it before. If i spent $4000 on a blower that would only scratch the negative equity in this rig. although the dealer has a 3500 crew 8' bed non duely with the durimax for $45000 gms about $35 or $36000.
blaze one wrote:I think gearing maybe a solution , and possibly a programer , and free up the flow of air ( exhaust/ induction etc .)
Try and make the engine more efficient .
I am not sure a programmer will help that much, will correcting the tire size in the computer help much? I have done the air box mod and i am not running a muffler(witch at 4000rpm is getting on my nerves)
bwenny247
I think powerdyne has one for the 03 04. i am running 3:73 gears.

So may be a hp3 would be a better option. I realy don't want to trade another crew cab this is my 4th s-10 and i have one blazer. So this is for the guy"s that have been here a while has any ony put a powerdyne system on there crew?????
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

HPP3 and SC

Post by snowsurfer »

I've had and have both HPP3 and Powerdyne SC. Both will help but not in conjunction with each other. Without a SC the HPP3 gave a moderate power increase, better shifting and adjusted for tire size and gear ratio's and also had a performance tune option. With the SC much more power increase and add LS1 edit and you're there.....Powerdyne does have a model for 03 and 04's and you can use some of the earlier kits but with some minor changes, fyi the earlier kits alittle cheaper. Some years comes with headers I believe 00 & 01 because of the air injection.
Just boils down to how much power you want and how much you willing to spend.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

bang head here x :bonk:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Jeggers, the HPP3 would correct your speedo and part throttle shift points with your bigger tires, but I don't think it would help too much with the lack of power. I agree, the 4.3 isn't much good at towing(190hp/250ft-lbs :( ) , especially if you don't have the 3.73 gears and especially with a 4000lb+ truck and 5000lb trailer attached. I'm assuming when you're at 4000rpm you're in 2nd gear with those big tires? The main thing i'd be worried about is the transmission temps when you're towing....:?

Also if you're looking to buy a HPP3 for the tire size correction, I have mine for sale since I'm using EfiLive on my truck now.... :D
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]