Think I Can Make This Work???? ( altimeter / Inclinometer )

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Think I Can Make This Work???? ( altimeter / Inclinometer )

Post by gocntry »

What Do You Guys Think??

Looks Like A Mechanical Unit, Think This Will Work In The Crew, Or Am I Wasting My time??

Look Here
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

see if they can send you a pic of the wiring harness - if it appears to just be the electrical hookups - then you're good, but if there are other hookups, then it would seem like there are other sensors needed.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Think I Can Make This Work????

Post by kf6kmx »

gocntry wrote:What Do You Guys Think??

Looks Like A Mechanical Unit, Think This Will Work In The Crew, Or Am I Wasting My time??

Look Here
If thats the standard one, it doesnt take any special wiring or connections.. Just find a way to mount it level..

The Samauri has a very similar unit in it..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I can't imagine why it wouldn't work in any vehicle, or no vehicle at all for that matter. The only wiring I can imagine being connected is maybe to illuminate the gauges. So, anywhere you can connect to power (preferably with an on/off switch) it should work just fine.
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

barch97 wrote:I can't imagine why it wouldn't work in any vehicle, or no vehicle at all for that matter. The only wiring I can imagine being connected is maybe to illuminate the gauges. So, anywhere you can connect to power (preferably with an on/off switch) it should work just fine.
Yep.. Illumination..
And most had just a weight system for finding level.. some of the good (rare) ones use a sheap version of aircraft gyros and are more accurate, those would have to get an acc. feed power.. still just straight 12v, nothing fancy..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

I Took A Better Look At This And Realized That Being It's From Japan The Altimeter Is In Meters Not Feet....So I'm Still Looking For The American Version
Kf6kmx wrote:The Samauri has a very similar unit in it..
There Should Be A US Version From One Of These.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

gocntry wrote:... The Altimeter Is In Meters Not Feet....So I'm Still Looking For The American Version...
I think it is kind of neat. If you're no longer interested , I might give it a shot.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

HenryJ wrote: think it is kind of neat. If you're no longer interested , I might give it a shot.
Hey HenryJ If Your Interested Go For It....I Think It's Cool I Would Just Like To Have The Non Metric Version (If That Exists). Here's The Samuri Version But It's Expensive

Samauri Version
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

gocntry wrote:...If Your Interested Go For It....
Cool, thanks! I'll put a free snipe to use. Hope no one wants it worse than I ;)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I'd trust my own tilt feelings more than a gauge! Ugh.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:I'd trust my own tilt feelings more than a gauge! Ugh.
:lol: Me too, but this will give my "navagator" something to do, and I can tell her we are just fine until you see that little picture upside down :roflmao:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That's cause you are Mr. Gadget, aka Gadget man! :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:
quickbiker wrote:I'd trust my own tilt feelings more than a gauge! Ugh.
:lol: Me too, but this will give my "navigator" something to do, and I can tell her we are just fine until you see that little picture upside down :roflmao:

After the second revolution of a roll over I don't trust anything :alert:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

check a jeep site, i know those are available for jeeps only problem is most, if not all are going to say "Jeep" and have a picture of a jeep, if that doesn't bother you then you should have no problems finding them, there is a magazine that every jeep owner i know receives monthly, and i know for a fact they have those in there, just don't know the name of the magazine
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

:idea: had a bright idea, how about call my brother that has some, he can tell me the name, don't you love when your brain actually works

Without Compass

With Compass

Or, try adding "Clinometer" to your search
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Maximous wrote:check a jeep site, i know those are available for jeeps...
True the clinometer is pretty easy to find. You can get them with Jeeps, SUVs and trucks pictured.
I was more intrigued with the inclusion of the altimeter in this one.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not mine. Someone else wanted it worse than I. :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wow, I can't believe I have been watching these for fifteen months now :shock:

I finally picked one up. I should see it in a couple weeks.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Finally got around to cleaning, modding, and installing.

The Altimeter / Inclinometer arrived from New Zeland. Packed well and delivered quickly.
I had been watching these for a long time. The gray ones that would match my interior kept going well above what I wanted to pay. Finally I found this one-

It is listed as fitting Toyota pickup & 4 Runner '89 - '96. From the picture I had an idea that I might be able to either "re-dye" , remove the color, or at the very least paint to match. Fortunately the plastic was gray and the paint easily removed with some paint remover and a tooth brush :mg:

Three holes in the dash pad. Trimming the housing to match the dash contour and wired to the rear hatch dash light wiring-

Image Image
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

That's too cool I want one !!!
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

OMGImage
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:OMGImage
:roflmao:

I guess I really shouldn't laugh since this mod is kind of cool. 8) :wink:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I don't know how practical it really is, but it is kind of cool.

I had a OS moment. After a reassembled the dash I turned in the lights for a quick check and everything went blank with the lights on. :shock: My first though is that I made a mistake and shorted the dash light wires. The fuses checked out good, so I pulled the hatch switch assembly to check those connections. Everything looked right. It was about that time that I realized the dimmer control was rolled to the off position :!:

The lights are not too bright as to be a nuisance on the dash. They dim with the dash lighting and have their own "lights off" button to cancel them when they might be distracting. From my line of sight the top of the housing is about even with the top of the wipers and the hood cowl, so no loss of view.

It may come in handy for finding a level parking spot, and fun to check on side hills or climbing when conditions permit. My navigator can take comfort in knowing that I am not really getting all that crazy when we are out 4x4ing :mg:. Either that or I'll hear "that hit 30...that is ENOUGH!" :lol:
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

At least you have a navigator :lol: All I ever hear is something like "I just knew we were stuck that time" :wink:
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:My navigator can take comfort in knowing that I am not really getting all that crazy when we are out 4x4ing :mg:. Either that or I'll hear "that hit 30...that is ENOUGH!" :lol:
:lol: This one really could go either way. :lol: If I had one in my CC I'm sure my navigator would watch those numbers very closely and "COMMENT" as needed.... :nono: .... :rant: .... :roll: .... :lol:

Steve