My horsepower plans

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

jajwrigh
Crew
Crew

My horsepower plans

Post by jajwrigh »

I recently traded my '03 4cy/spd S10 in for a '04 Zr5. There is a lot more power in this engine, probably because it is twice the size. Anyway I daily drive this vehicle and plan on using it for the outdoors, as well as towing a boat at some point. So far I have added an Air raid intake and I just ordered a Jet Chip Stage II. I also have the Jet thermastat, but have yet to install it. I plan on buying JBA headers and a flowmaster 50 series delta muffler and running a 2.5" exhaust. Do you guys think that this will be a noticeably more potent vehicle than stock? What kind of hp/tq range can I expect to yield as well?
[size=75]2004 Zr5[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: My horsepower plans

Post by a2b »

jajwrigh wrote:Do you guys think that this will be a noticeably more potent vehicle than stock? What kind of hp/tq range can I expect to yield as well?
noticeably, no. you didnt change anything drastic. you want to FEEL power, then change big stuff: cam, heads, stroke it, supercharge it...
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I think if it was all done at 1 time you will notice
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I think "noticeable" is a relative thing. I "noticed" a diffrence with the poweraid and 3" catback w/delta flowmaster.

Perhaps, if I had let it sit for a week or two after the two mods I might not have but, none the less, I felt an improvement. :shock:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:I think "noticeable" is a relative thing. I "noticed" a diffrence with the poweraid and 3" catback w/delta flowmaster.

Perhaps, if I had let it sit for a week or two after the two mods I might not have but, none the less, I felt an improvement. :shock:
I agree. I noticed a small difference (especially the way the engine sounded) when I got rid of my airbox and went with an airaid intake.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

I can guarantee you that my truck feels different after all my mods. The "seat-of-the-pants" test definitely isn't the same. Now I never dragged it officially or nothing with times and all, but it feels much more powerful now. (I sometimes lure myself into wanting to race the Camaro/Mustang/etc next to me because I think it feels so much better).
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I cant get my truck under 16.80s in the 1/4 mile no matter where I have the HPPlll set.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

definite improvement!

from a dead stop i can stomp on it and bark my tires. that's with the weak 3.42 gear and 33X12.50 tires :D

still sounds like a V6 though :( lol
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
jajwrigh
Crew
Crew

Post by jajwrigh »

Well I will let you all know how it goes...
[size=75]2004 Zr5[/size]
jajwrigh
Crew
Crew

Post by jajwrigh »

Everything I have listed is now installed. Things went pretty well except for the few hoses and sensors I forgot to reattach....The is a stronger mid-range pull and it definately runs a lot cooler! No more ungodly hot air pouring in!! I realized that installing headers will be next to impossible so exhaust may be it for me. I am thinking that should help improve my torque as well.
[size=75]2004 Zr5[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb: I believe you'll notice a low end improvement with the exhaust :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]