16" Zirgo 3000CFM e fan

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

e fan

Post by snowsurfer »

Just installed a 16" Zirgo 3000CFM e fan, so far it seems good. It's a little noiser than I expected but not bad. I'm anxious to see how it works in traffic so when I go to work tomorrow I guess I'll find out...
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

E fan

Post by snowsurfer »

Well new fan kept everything cool but the AC. Oh Well...
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I had e-fans for a while and even with a 180* thermostat it still got hotter than it did with a clutch fan, so about a 2 months after I put them on they came unplugged somewhere and I was too lazy to fix it so I just put my clutch fan back on, and now it stays really c00l.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

e fan

Post by snowsurfer »

e fan with Zirgo adjustable thermostat keeps the eng really cool but in stop and go traffic it has a hard time drawing enough cool air for the ac condenser. I decided to put the clutch fan back in. I don't do any off roading and since this is my daily driver to/from work I decided to reinstall the clutch fan.
All in all the e fan was a 16" 3025 cfm Zirgo worked well as far as cooling the radiator and eng. temp but I need ac.. So off to ebay I guess...
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

yep thats how mine was, I couldn't use ac in traffic or it would get really hot.

with my 180 degree thermostat and clutch fan I could be sitting in traffic forever with the ac on and it doesn't pass the middle line on the gauge
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

e fan

Post by snowsurfer »

Actually the truck never went over the temp that I had it set, 190 but it's just that it didn't seem like it could pull enough air through the AC condenser. The AC got warm and then when the traffic moved it got cool again. But the Fan did cool the engine...
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

hmmm whenever I turned my AC on it would over heat if it was hot outside and the ac wouldnt be cold, actually it would almost overheat even if the ac wasn't on. I probably had a slightly crappier fan though.
[/size]
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

e fan

Post by snowsurfer »

I have a Zirgo 3025 CFM 16", like I said it surely cooled it even in traffic. I guess the engineers knew how to design a clutch fan cause in traffic it's still cool on the ac, oh well. Maybe 2 fans are needed???