Moderator: F9K9

coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Baja / prerunner style fenders - Glassworks

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Split this topic to make the information easier to find-HJ

33's are a tight fit:
If I flex any further it starts grabbing the treads.

I just got my fiberglass fenders on to fix the rub but i still have some. Looks like it has alot of space but that is just b/c I started digging myself a hole in the pile, Look at the white spot on the back of the fender.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

you got the baja type fiberglass fenders, more pics are a must, come on now dont keep me waiting :lol: i have thought about using those myself, i would like to see what they look like though, you have a 2in BL correct, so your gap is gonna be 2in's bigger than mine if i run those fenders, sorry, thinking out loud
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I still haven't decided if I like them or not yet. Ill have to let them grow on me .
These things were REALLY hard to put on, required ALOT of fabrication and cutting. Took my friend and I like 8 hours and we are both very skilled in car works. And we made the mistake of making the inner fender well out of this galvanized steel instead of something thicker so every time a rock hits it, it pings and rattles.

They were 330 shipped, they come gloss white.

Last edited by coffeedrnkr on Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
[/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

what kind of price do they run, if you dont like them are you gonna sale, i would be interested
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There is a link to the GlassWorks fenders under "mods" on the home page. I think they are $310 a pair. Their link to hoods takes me to another fender which I know isn't a 2nd gen S-10 and I don't think it is a 1st gen either. I have toyed with the idea of the front glassworks fenders but, don't know if it is practical for a daily driver.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I don't know about the looks... I like having everything look the same from both sides. For instance, the frnt fenders look like there is 12" of gap between the fender and the top of the tire as compared to the rears which look like there is 6". I think a set of rears should be made to make it look similar...
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

I like them. Shoot I thought you would be able to use the stock in fender wells. That might be a problem.
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

the flare is different, the raise is three inches on both the front and back, the flare is what makes it look like a bigger gap, if they were the same front and back then you either wouldnt be able to steer or you would have a huge gap in the back for nothing, the front is gonna be bigger because it has to clear larger tires during full lock and flexed out, the back wheels dont turn so they don't need to be as big, does that make any sense
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

Their link to hoods takes me to another fender which I know isn't a 2nd gen S-10 and I don't think it is a 1st gen either.
it looks to be the passenger side of a 2nd gen Ford Ranger, like the 94 model
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

What backspace do you have on those wheels?

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

If you are talking to me 3.5" backspacing. If i wouldnt have found them for soooo cheap i probably would have gotten 4" backspacing or more b/c these rub like a mother. Well..... only when i hit areas where i am turning and hit a relatively large bump.
[/size]