Powerdyne Superchargers

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

proroc

Powerdyne Superchargers

Post by proroc »

Where is the cheapest place you guys found these for our 4.3L s-10s? Thanks...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I got mine....

Post by KCustom »

I just got mine for Christmas....I ordered it direct from Powerdyne.

Sam Matson was the guy that I talked with.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
proroc

Post by proroc »

How much was it?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

$2500.00 with headers and they paid freight...
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

thats not a bad price, youll have to let us know how well it works, and easy it is to put on. Ive heard the bearings go bad after about 20k miles, give us some updates to see if these reviews are true.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Well, well, well.....I emailed Powerdyne themselves the other day about 2003 applications and this is what it went like (it's in reverse order...sorry):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:20 PM
To: Jim Duyck
Subject: Re: 2003 Application

Yes, its now available. please call them to get a quote. There # is 818-340-9229. Thanks, Sam.

Jim Duyck wrote:

> I didn't see that part # listed on superchargersonline.com....is it available yet?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sam Maston [mailto:samma@powerdyne.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 12:21 PM
> To: Jim Duyck
> Subject: Re: 2003 Application
>
> Yes, the K10528 kit has many differences from the K10256 and K10525 kits.
>
> Jim Duyck wrote:
>
> > I'm not trying to be bothersome, but is there much difference between kits? Thank you.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Sam Maston [mailto:samma@powerdyne.com]
> > Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 10:39 AM
> > To: Jim Duyck
> > Subject: Re: 2003 Application
> >
> > The K10528-101 is designed for the 2002-03 S10 trucks. This part # is the only part # that will fit these 2 years. This kit is 7 psi and will add an additional 75 to 80 rear wheel hp.
> >
> > Jim Duyck wrote:
> >
> > > I have a 2003 S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 4.3L V6 and as far as I know, it should be mechanically identical to 2001 and 2002 models. What is your stance on the use of your 01-02 supercharger kit on my truck? Thank you.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Jim Duyck

I did a parts # search for Powerdyne on Summit's website and they didn't show it in stock (could ship 2/2), and the cost was $2,576.39.
Now, what could I sell to buy that.........(I guess the truck doesn't count :D )
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Powerdyne 03'

Post by snowsurfer »

I have a 03 Crew and put a K10525-101 which is the 99-00 kit. Don't know what differences in the K10528 is but some of the changes is that the stock alternator wouldn't fit, also alignment slightly off. Things are pretty tight so not sure if it's the kit or not. In 4wd engine compartment the motor sits alot higher so I have very little hood clearance.
I've run rich (according to the obd code) and set off my ses lites a few times, don't know if it's a different FMU between the two kits...
sure would like to know what the differences are though.....If you find out please let me know, I'd appreciate it...
Aloha

Steve

seayahawaii@hawaii.rr.com
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

He didn't get very specific, but his email is in my post. How was snowboarding?
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Powerdyne 03

Post by snowsurfer »

Snowboarding was great!! I work for the airlines so I get a chance to travel quite a bit and board at least once or twice a month from Nov thru April.
I ended up with a earlier kit basically due to price, wanted to try a SC for the first time....I also own a early 83' S10 Ext cab which I put a V8, 305, 700r, duals that I had been using for my daily driven car to/from work so I like S10's. just wish they came with more POWER!!!
When I called Powerdyne I could never get a straight answer on a number of things so I just gave up and took a chance on a used unit, infact at the time told me that they didn't have any experience with an 03 Crew....This was about 4 months ago...
Aloha

Stephen
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I guess I never asked how much of a difference you felt from the Powerdyne...how much? :D Do the tires break loose easier on dry pavement?
-Jim
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SC

Post by snowsurfer »

It's not break your neck speed but quite an improvement from stock I would say. I haven't added alot of other goodies like others so maybe others are much more satisfied.. I basically got aft cat flowmasters, 180 stat, modified air box, HPP. My stock V8 early S10 has alot more power but of course much more weight and gas but overall for the money the SC was a good decision so far. Fairly simple installation, easily removable if needed, just crowded engine compartment now...
proroc

Post by proroc »

Once you put the powerdyne on, can you still use a K&N FIPK?
snowsurfer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

K N

Post by snowsurfer »

I don't have a K & N, infact I used the stock airbox but drilled a bunch of 2" holes on the opposite side of the engine, kind of a cold air effect.
In any event I believe you can use any type, rect, cone after the MAF. If you like I'll send so pic's of how it looks.
I have some custom made piping so it may be a little different than what comes with the kit.....