Fender Flares

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Crew02
Crew
Crew

Fender Flares

Post by Crew02 »

This is a question for Henry. After looking around and listening to comments about our truck beds, it is pretty well known that our bed is from the Isuzu pickup. I found where they offer Extend A Fender flares for the isuzu but only in a complete set. The part # is 91902-01. That would mean that you would have to trash the front two. So I emailed Bushwacker and this is the response I got.

Yes you can order the rears only on these Extend A Fender flares. The part # for rears only is #91006-01, you can purchase them through any dealer of Bushwacker. If you don't have one in mind, you can use the Dealer Locator on our website to find one near you.

Sincerely,
Bushwacker Customer Service

You can order the front flares only for our trucks. My question is, looking at the Isuzu what are the chances these will fit the rear of our trucks? The lines look the same.
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That would be the ultimate answer. There is , however, one tiny problem.

The Isuzu Hombre Extend-a-fender flares are for 1988-95, the wrong year/bodystyle, and not available for the correct one, 96-up.
It looks similar, but when I compared the body lines, the older style Isuzu flares were too much work to modify and not enough material to match our lines. The "channel" is higher and has a different contour, the bulge is there, but is "squared" more than the later model.
I did not physically try a set of flares, just did some comparisons sitting next to one of the older Isuzu's.
The S-10 rear flares are still a better option, IMO

EDIT: This is the 96-up style that we need:

Here's the other thread: Fender flares
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Yep Henry's correct. That is for the Isuzu Pup not the Hombre. But, EGR appears to make them for the Hombre so maybe you want to check them out as well. If they do make them, I'm not sure how well it will fit as the bed is shorter than a regular bed so there might be some cutting anyway which at that point, just cut up a regular bushwacker set for an s10 then. But if it's bolt-on, def. worth it. Just too bad the ZR5 ones are not larger as they are perfect fitting just a little weak looking.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Conman wrote:Just too bad the ZR5 ones are not larger as they are perfect fitting just a little weak looking.
Too bad they are so pricey too (Gotta remember how cheap we are ;) )

I haven't checked into Xenon to see if they have late model Hombre flares, either.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

The guys @ Dr. Vinyl say they have a fender flare set for the crew cab...
#EGR78432
This looks like an EGR part...Has anybody seen these?
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

KCustom wrote:The guys @ Dr. Vinyl say they have a fender flare set for the crew cab...
#EGR78432
This looks like an EGR part...Has anybody seen these?
Are they cut-outs, or just bolt on? We need cut-outs. :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

They are bolt ons'....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

I found out that they were wrong...EGR does not make a set of flares for for the CREW cab.....I think that I am going to design a set of molds for a set. would anybody be interested in a set when I get them done?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

KCustom wrote:I found out that they were wrong...EGR does not make a set of flares for for the CREW cab.....I think that I am going to design a set of molds for a set. would anybody be interested in a set when I get them done?
If/when I ever go sfa, yea, I'd be interested, but not now. I don't stick out far enough to worry about it.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Would they be cut outs? if so I would!
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

I want aset but havent seen any that fit up to our rear fenders- well atleast 2001's i need to get a better look at the newer trucks and see if the rear fenders are differnent or not but looking at a ext. cab or reg cab truck, the rear fenders wouldnt work due to the body lines on the rear fenders and the rear doors???

does anyone know if bushwacker makes a complete set for our crews or do we have to mod. them to work???
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

I have spent the last month looking and calling and no one makes flares for our trucks.....I have started working on the bolt on style for our trucks and when complete I will start on the cutouts...I need to complete the blot ons first before I cut up my fenders.....LOL
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Bad_Ass_S10 wrote:does anyone know if bushwacker makes a complete set for our crews or do we have to mod. them to work???
They do not, You will have to mad the rears to make them work.
What I did is in this thread: Fender Flares

- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Does anyone have the part # for the ZR-5 fender flares? I have a good hook up on GM parts through the Impala car club I'm in. I've heard they're expensive, but I might be able to get a group discount on these if anybody is interested. Thanks, Steve
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

KCustom wrote:I found out that they were wrong...EGR does not make a set of flares for for the CREW cab.....I think that I am going to design a set of molds for a set. would anybody be interested in a set when I get them done?
Warnoffroad wrote:Would they be cut outs? if so I would!
Same here. I would be interested in cut-outs too. At this point, I'm not afraid of hacking up a little sheet metal! :evil:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

You could always do a fiberglass front fender ---

[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I've seen that pic floating around. I need to get a good side view of that.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Here's a thread from ZR2.com where the guy used these and custom molded flares into them too....

http://forum.zr2.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimat ... 4;t=000191

[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

adrenalnjunky wrote:You could always do a fiberglass front fender ---

Yeah, that would work but what about the back?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Man, I like that it gives more room on the bottom, but the top is way too high. Oh well, back to the drawing board. hahaha
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Here's a thread from ZR2.com where the guy used these and custom molded flares into them too....

http://forum.zr2.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimat ... 4;t=000191

:!: like what QB said way too high
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]