Steering wheel mod.

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Black03ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Steering wheel mod.

Post by Black03ZR5 »

I have always wanted a steering wheel with wood ever since I drove a car with one. So how hard is it to remove my steering and swap this one and put my air bag and what not on it?
Dave
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2435298127
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I'm thinking you would need the whole airbag assembly from the Yukon/Denali to make it work. I'm not sure about the connection if your airbag system would even fire the other vehicle's Airbag properly.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Black03ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Black03ZR5 »

From looking online the steerings wheels for s-10/blazer/denali/yukon/suburban/escalade all mount the same. So my airbag should just transfer over. I compared a steering wheel like mine to the one oabove and the pattern is the same.
Dave
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Just be careful messing with the airbag. You don't want to set that thing off accidentally. You'll never look the same again. :shock:

Have you looked into the steering wheel covers that are wood grain? Much easier to install than messing with the airbag assembly.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Black03ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Black03ZR5 »

I am really kind of #### on how a steering wheel feels. My favorite car ever was my dad's 96 Vette because the steering wheel had like a 3 inch diameter, I love the feel of my steering wheel and don't want to lose it by putting on a plastic cover. Thanks for the input.
Dave