Just another wheel question. ( 6" Superlift )

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Just another wheel question. ( 6" Superlift )

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

I found some great wheels on jcwhitney.com and i just wanted to ask the experts if the wheels will work for my CC.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/style-182-matt ... uId=886090
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Re: Just another wheel question.

I found out today that i will not have to get cut outs to fit the wheel but i am not sure if the hub diameter is the right size. Can anyone tell me if a 83.82 hub will fit a CC.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

MinnesotaMudder wrote:I found out today that i will not have to get cut outs to fit the wheel ...
Cool. What size tires and where did you get that information?
Can anyone tell me if a 83.82 hub will fit a CC...
That is 3.3" and our stock wheels have a 2.75" hole. I'd say that that hole would be plenty big enough.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

The off road place in town did some measuring and said i should be able to clear 32x11.5 tires with the rims. all i will have to do is take the mud flaps off.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Ok, can't argue with that. If they say they will clear and will give you a refund if they don't, that is just what you need.
Refresh our memories, you have a 6" Superlift on your crew cab?

KCustom did something similar on his truck , IIRC. I think that was why he made the pocket cut-out flares. If you stay on the street you can get away with just a little rubbing.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Right now i have a 6'' lift with stock wheels with 31x10.5 tires.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Just another wheel question. ( 6" Superlift )

Post by HenryJ »

Edited the title to reflect that. Most questions assume that your truck is stock unless you let us know the modifications that you have.

I believe that the Superlift was spec'd for 32's on an 8" wheel, although most have better luck running 31" tires if they offroad. KCustom went to the bigger tires and soon after designed and built cut-out flares to cure the rubbage.
The problem we have is the fenderwells are small. The rear is only 31". Kind of hard to stuff a 31" tire in a 31" hole ;)

I believe we had one member , I think it was Highroller, running 33x12.5 with a 5" lift and body lift? You might do a little research using Superlift and Trailmaster as the key words. There were more than a couple threads on what worked for them.

You are sort of alone here now. No one seems to keep their 6" lifted truck very long. Steve is our "diehard", but he and Marsha do not visit much anymore.

I think you are doing the right thing working with a local shop. That way if you have interference problems, you can go back to them for satisfaction.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

ok thanks for all the help i just have one last question. Should i look for a wheel with a closer size hub to the CC or will this wheel be fine with the bigger hole. just asking because i don't want any problems with a bigger hub.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Our stock wheels are hub-centric. The wheel is centered by the hub. Other wheels such as your selection are lug-centric. They center using the wheel studs and lug nuts.

One could argue that hub-centric is stronger since the centering is supported by the wheel studs and hub.

I am running wheel spacers that are lug centric. This renders my wheels lug centered as well. I have had no problems.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:...................I am running wheel spacers that are lug centric. This renders my wheels lug centered as well. I have had no problems.
X2
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]