looking for a pick me up...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

chevolay

looking for a pick me up...

Post by chevolay »

i am currently looking to put a lift kit on my truck, however im not a pro at this being that it will be my first truck and first lift, i have a 2003 Chevy S-10 LS CC ZR5 i was looking threw a lot of the topic's and without a doubt it seems as if a lot of the pictures cannot be seen and the links arent working very well atleast not for me, i am looking for lift kit info and all parts that will be needed for the job, i am also looking for things i can do myself i was a mechanic for a while i am automotivly inclined and looking to breath more life into my truck.

anyone have any good ideas, pictures, links, ect ?? :blink:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: looking for a pick me up...

Post by HenryJ »

Check out the mod pages for the 2" Body Lift. You can download the install directions. There are plenty still here to lead you through the install. There are also several good threads on others who have done it. Take some time and read, then ask questions.
The readers rides thread has plenty of examples and most of those pictures are still there.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
chevolay

Post by chevolay »

im not sure a 2 inch will be enough the truck sits really low i am suprized.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Your next choice is to spend $2500 more for parts and go six inches up. Then plan on selling it within the next year or two, as no one seems to keep them long after that much lift.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

look up the marvelous mystery lift thread, its somewhere around here. bassically its a 2' body lift, torsion bar crank, and either rear shackle or add a leaf. all of which any mechanically inclinded person can do with basic hand tools. that will give you around 3-4" of lift, not including the lift of the bigger tires. other than that its either $2000+ for a 6" kit or a custom solid axle swap
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Your next choice is to spend $2500...................
Or just jump two feet into the dark side for 2K and use it as a DD :lol:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

F9K9 wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Your next choice is to spend $2500...................
Or just jump two feet into the dark side for 2K and use it as a DD :lol:

Or the whole $2500 and still use it as a DD
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
chevolay

Post by chevolay »

what is the big differance between body lift, suspention lift, shackles, lifting blocks

i might be semi new to modding trucks nut can you mix them up do more then one i want to squeeze like 4 to 6 inches upward preferably not super expensive. who has good ideas?
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

chevolay wrote:what is the big differance between body lift, suspention lift, shackles, lifting blocks

i might be semi new to modding trucks nut can you mix them up do more then one i want to squeeze like 4 to 6 inches upward preferably not super expensive. who has good ideas?
Body lift raises the body up from the frame. Suspention raises the body and frame up.
You can do a 2 inch body and 1.5 inch suspention plusebigger tires for about 4 inches.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!