17 inch wheels is it a option

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

six four

17 inch wheels is it a option

Post by six four »

guy I was wondering if you could put 17 inch wheels and tires under a stock 2004 crew cab, and if so what rim width and tire size would be key?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

With some playing with a tire size calculator it looks like a 275/60/17 is close to a 30" diameter and 30MM wider than stock so that would be a close size with some tires available in that size. The question is can you get a wheel with 5 to 6 inch back spacing in 17" size? You could work outward from there in sizes but I do not know off hand anyone running 17's on our rigs so it might be trial and error.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

There is a black ZR5 running around London that I think looks like chit with dubs but, there is a Wrangler with them that looks worse. Just my opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I had 17s on mine when I had it they were Helos
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

The only way to run 275/60 is to do the SKIDZ cut to the back bottom edge of the front wheel well. You will also have to go to a minimum of 4" back space or the tire will rub the frame when turning at the front and when the rear drops down from a dip in the road or hard accelleration.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
hoggy
Regular
Regular

Post by hoggy »

I ran 17's with low pros from a camaro on the stock 95 s10 blazer I used to have in high school. I had the T-bars cranked all the way down to try and lower the blazer. The subs I had in it was the loudest in my town, car alarms were nothin to set off with it even got a building alarm with it one night.
[size=75] 02 Chevy CC mods - 2" body lift, t-bar crank, 31's, air box chopped, k&n filters, throttle blade mod, jet shift improver, cat delete, magnaflow muffler, more to come[/size]