has any one put a snow plow on their cc??? Timbrens?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

has any one put a snow plow on their cc??? Timbrens?

Post by bradjh »

I was just wondering if anyone has put a snow plow on their crew cab. If so what kind and how did it plow? i am just wondering if this would be okay to plow with or would it ruin the whole front end? any ideas??? Brad
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

To run a plow you would likely need a Timbren lift kit or air bags up front. :wink:

You might be able to do without a lift kit or bags , however a plow being very heavy will drop the front end a lot and cause it to handle weird without some sort of front suspension "help". :?

Steve
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I've seen a bunch of stock Blazers around here in the winter time plowing snow. We get a ton of it too and they sure do keep busy. From what I've seen, none of them are modified at all to accomodate a plow. But the added stress of a plow on the front probably isn't the best thing for an S10. It can be done though.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I would look at the plows that are built of Lexan. lighter than steel so less likely to cause issues.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Any one have a snow plow on their crew?

Post by bradjh »

I bought a new house and my driveway is gona be a mess in the winter I will need to try and keep it clear. Looking to get a snow plow any recommendations? will be used for 3 driveways and i dont wana tear myh truck up.. i was looking at a sno way 22 series... can the crew even handle a plow???? Advice please
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

well it can...but the front end is gonna take a serious beating...its gonna need rebuilt many times
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Didn't you ask this same questionabout a year ago?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
builder26

Post by builder26 »

Go Fisher if you get one . I have a Fisher 6'9" MM not the homesteader although I wish it was the homesteader. You would think our little trucks would have problems pushing snow around but last winter here in Maine we had over 100" and my little cc was making 8-10' snow banks .... But if you do get a plow invest in a company that makes wheel bearing hubs . Be sure to invest in a Timbren bump stop kit as well .
bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Timbrens for the front?

Post by bradjh »

Any one have timbrens on the front of their s10? how hard would they be to install will be doing some light plowing with s10 this winter helping these will help with the front end sag???
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Any one have a snow plow on their crew?

Post by HenryJ »

The full size bump stops look very similar.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: has any one put a snow plow on their cc??? Timbrens?

Post by bradjh »

so it seems that the awnser maybe full size bump stops in the place of factory ones? or would Timbrens be better? what is the difference? Seems like a big difference in price? and what is the part number of the full size timbrens that will bolt right on the front of my truck with no tbar crank? Is it #15712438?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

For about $25 I'd sure try the fullsize stops. That is the right part number. You'll have to tell us if they do the job. Timbrens would probably be the next step up from there. After that you would likely need to go to keys and crank the bars farther to make up the weight difference.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bradjh »

thanks for all the help