Chevy Lean and odd noise...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Chevy Lean and odd noise...

Post by green02crew »

Ok two questions:

1. Does anyone's truck lean to the passenger or drivers side? Mine leans to the passengers side about 1/2 an inch. The front and rear are even heights just evenly leaning... I cranked the Tbars and did shackles could this have caused the problem? I'd like to think its compensation for a full gas tank and always having a driver...

2. When I back up and crank the wheel all the way to the right it sounds like my tires are rubbing only more of a clicking noise. It did it with my stock sized tires and still does it with my 30x9.5s so I don't know if it is the tires or not. It's done it since I got the truck and hasn't gotten any worse I just can't figure out what it is! Any ideas?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

truck leaning , Leaning Sonoma
Check out some of the threads on noises or clicking to narrow down the suspects.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Yeah so it looks like the lean is just going to be there. when I get it in goes away so thats a good sign! Both my Tbars are cranked all the way but the front and rear passenger side is even just a little lower.... oh well! As for the noise I'll just write it off as tires hitting plastic somewhere since thats what it sounds like. Only happens in reverse so I'll try to ignore it. Can't really find anything on here about it but if something goes I'll know it was related...
Last edited by green02crew on Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

By the way I love this site and its great to know that I'm not the only one with some of these problems!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

The clicking sounds like a possilble CV failure on the right side
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

When the boot falls down because of the TB crank like the drivers side I'll prob check it. If it is failing I can't stop it unless I replace it. I'm sure I'll check it soon enough. Thanks for the possible idea though I'll def keep my eye on it!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab