rear lift shackles help please read

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

rear lift shackles help please read

Post by bradjh »

ok my cc always sits like it has weight in the bed. I have tool box up against the front of the bed that weighs maybe 200 lbs and i have a fiberglass tonneau cover as well.... I am wanting to install lift shackles on the rear without doing a t-bar crank because i already have front end issues. i have seen the daystar lif shackles on here and i will probably go about 2 inches.. how much will that actually raise my rear end? also should i get the greasable shackes or not? how do i install them? where is the best place to jack the truck up at to install the shackles? is there just 4 bolts? thanks for all your information from previos posts.... Brad
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

rear lift shackles Bumping the thread you already started would have been nice.
Daystar 1-1/2" Lift Greaseable Super Shackles

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bradjh »

i saw the post on the lift shackles but i still have questions? Should i go with greasable shackles? are the non greasable easier to install and how big of shackles should i get??
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

bradjh wrote:i saw the post on the lift shackles but i still have questions? Should i go with greasable shackles? are the non greasable easier to install and how big of shackles should i get??
Been running Daystar nongreaseables for 3 yrs. Killian will recommend greaseable ones.

I don't have a problem with mine but, maybe Steve/Killian can convince you the need for the greaseable ones on road races but, make up your own mind. I think we are of the minority and think that races should consist or left AND right turns. We both respect the 1/8th and 1/4 junkies :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

bradjh wrote:i saw the post on the lift shackles but i still have questions? Should i go with greasable shackles? are the non greasable easier to install and how big of shackles should i get??
Installation time should be the same for greasable and non-greasable shackles.

I like the greasable shackles better because the grease helps prevent future squeaks and wear.

Every time you grease the fittings it will force out the old grease which prevents dirt from getting in between the bushings and shells which in turn will prolong the life of the bushings. :wink:

1-1/12" to 2" lift shackles are what most people run in combination with a 1" t-bar crank.

I used 1-1/2" lift Daystar greasable shackles on my CC. :D

Steve