Stock height with 31's???

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

HMM

Stock height with 31's???

Post by HMM »

Okay so I'm considering trading in my ZR2 for a crewcab. My wife is wanting a bun in the oven soon so I need a little more room for 2 legged cargo.
I found a crewcab about 100miles away that has everything I want but I'd like to keep my PA3's and brand new 31's instead of the stock crew cab wheels and tires. My questions is, if I can make a deal to keep my wheels when I trade my truck in, can I at least make it home with 31's on the crewcab? It'll be interstate driving the whole way home without any sharp turns. I'm thinking (hoping) the only problem will be rubbing on tight turns. Any thoughts???

I've seen a few on here that have a BL and t-bar crank with some rear spacers that look great.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome aboard :wave:

You'll probably make it come with that PA3 wheel/tire combo but I would take a BFH with you "just in case" Any angled driveway and you will rub. Sounds like you have the CC's limitations sized up and you will need to do modifications ASAP when you get home. Some members have rubbed bone stock.

Hopefully others will correct me if, I am leading you astray :wink:

Where do you live in TN?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HMM

Post by HMM »

I'm just outside of Chattanooga, TN.

If you remember I pm'd you a few times on zr2usa asking questions about the CC.

I finally let the wife test drive a CC and she liked it a lot better than my Z. She liked the extra room and it being lower to the ground...lol Little does she know it will be higher one day! I've already scored me a D44 front from a J10.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

You may rub here and there a little bit with 31s but for interstate driving and no inclines, you may be okay for the ride home. You'll need a body lift and a t-bar crank immediately tho!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

has anyone done a solid axle swap with the cc?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

There's been a few here...

SFA

another

Quickbiker's

Bubaloo's

Coffeedrnkr's

Of course, Warnoffroad's

My appologies if I left anyone out.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
HMM

Post by HMM »

Thanks for the help folks. I'm hoping to work out a deal soon. I hate to trade in my Z but I just need a little more room.

Here is a pic of my CC's future.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

D44?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HMM

Post by HMM »

Yup, D44 from a J10.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HMM wrote:Yup, D44 from a J10.
Sweet, am jealous but, should follow your lead withing a yr!
HMM

Post by HMM »

You'll probably wind up beating me...lol I've got so many irons in the fire right now...