CST long travel suspension

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

CST long travel suspension

Post by cdnuser »

Saw an ad in one of the truck mags. Thought I would share this with the rest of you.

Cut this from there website...

Description:
THE S-10 SUSPENSION GEOMETRY IS ONE OF IT'S OWN. CST TOOK ON THE THE TASK OF BUILDING A LONG TRAVEL UPPER AND LOWER ARM KIT AND THROUGH SOME TRIAL AND ERROR WE WERE ABLE TO BUILD A VERY USER FRIENDLY AND RELIABLE SYSTEM. OUR UPPER ARM'S INCLUDE 1" UNIBALL'S AND DELRIN CONTROL ARM BUSHING'S, THE LOWER ARM USE FACTORY BALL JOINTS AND URETHANE BUSHING'S. WE DO OFFER OPTIONAL DELRIN LOWER BUSHINGS FOR THE SERIOUS OFF-ROADERS, BUT DO REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A TROPHY TRUCK THIS IS A KIT TO ENHANCE YOUR FACTORY SUSPENSION WHICH DOES GIVE YOU ADDED TRAVEL AND STRENGTH BUT NOT ENOUGH TO GO RUN THE BAJA 1000!

Features

DESIGNED TO FIT 30" TIRES W/ 7" WIDE WHEELS
DELRIN UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS
1" UNIBALLS W/ TEFLON
ALL PARTS COVERED IN A HIGH QUALITY GLOSS BLACK POWDER COAT FINISH
PERFORMANCE LIFT COIL SPRINGS
Notes

*****THIS KIT IS FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY, AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE ON THE HIGHWAY***
FIBER GLASS FENDERS RECOMMENDED
* ASK FOR COIL THAT FITS YOUR VEHICLE APPLICATION
WHEELS MUST NOT HAVE MORE THAN 4 5/8

Required Kit Components (Each part number listed below sold separately)

CSS-C7-2 - UPPER AND LOWER ARM KIT
FTS-7283-7 - 3.5" LIFT SPINDLES
CSC-C2-3 - PERFORMANCE LIFT COIL SPRINGS

BRAKE LINES - STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
DEAVER SPRINGS - REAR LEAF SPRINGS
SHOCKS - FRONT AND REAR

http://www.cstsuspension.com/products/s ... oductID/72
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

This kit is for a 2wd S10 and these guys are crazy for using delrin bushings on an off road vehicle. :shock:

I have Global West Del-A-Lum bushings (very similar to nylon/delrin) bushings on every suspension piece on my SS and these solid bushings add a lot of road feel to the steering wheel along with increased vibration transferred to the body.

Solid bushings are good for road racing and auto-x, but I just can't imagine how harsh they would be on an off road truck. :? :?:

Steve
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Seems I've seen a ton of pictures of guys using heim joints instead of any bushings....I can't think Delrin would be any worse.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Seems odd they would do a setup for a 2wd off road truck. They should do a street version for 4x4 s10s.

In Brazil they have all kids of aftermarket stuff for the CC. Most would fit our s10s.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

2kwik4u wrote:Seems I've seen a ton of pictures of guys using heim joints instead of any bushings....I can't think Delrin would be any worse.
Heim joints are not bushings, and they are only used because of the range of motion they provide (better suspension articulation/flex) which solid bushings don't allow. :wink:

Delrin bushings do not like dirt, so putting them on an off road vehicle doesn't make any sense unless you could somehow seal them from the elements. :?:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

2kwik4u wrote:Seems I've seen a ton of pictures of guys using heim joints instead of any bushings....I can't think Delrin would be any worse.
I admit that I know squat about heim joints but, I do know that the jeep crowd trailer them to a "ride" and do not trust them on a DD.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]