Axel flip and t-bar crank

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Axel flip and t-bar crank

Post by cdnuser »

Instead of adding a leaf, is it possible to flip the rear axel so the leafs are mounted on top?

I have also heard on this forum a term called t-bar crank but after some searching could not find what it is? Could someone shed some light on this?
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

You can flip the axle, but it requires either welding new spring perches on, or buying the rear kit from one of the 5/6" suspension lifts.

AAL's gain you usually 2" of height at the most. Flipping the axle will gain you 4" of height... so that's something to consider, since there aren't really any ways to gain 4" out of the front without a full suspension lift.

T-bar crank is when you tighten the adjusters for the torsion bars (basically the springs for the front). Check this thread out for instructions i'd posted awhile back:

Step by step on ZR2USA

Cranking the torsion bars will gain you probably 1-1.5" on average without going too high and creating crazy front end problems.

Hope this helps!
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Jigg wrote:T-bar crank is when you tighten the adjusters for the torsion bars (basically the springs for the front). Check this thread out for instructions i'd posted awhile back:

Step by step on ZR2USA

Cranking the torsion bars will gain you probably 1-1.5" on average without going too high and creating crazy front end problems.
there's a pretty good one right here at s-10crewcab.com as well
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]