Long arm mock up

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

this took me about 10 minutes on Pro E. Im tellin you people, this is doable. Lets do somethin!!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

It sounds like nobody has an extra set of control arms. :(

You may need to get some from the salvage yard in order to proceed with your plans. :wink:

If I had an extra set I would gladly give them to you since you are willing to design some better parts for us. :)

Steve
Snoman002
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Snoman002 »

From my understanding 2wd upper arms are NOT the same is the 4wd upper arms.

So whats the design for the lower arm? That is the one thats the PITA since you have to mount the t-bar, or strengthen for coilovers if you go that route.

I belive it is rough country that makes a slip shaft CV shaft for the fullsize trucks, you might be able to adapt those to work, or to switch over to the fullsize spindle/bearing/brakes/balljoints etc. Or maybe they could just put on a S-10 outer joint to make it work, although you might have to go to the early flange mount CV as I belive that the flange is the same between the fullsize and the S-10.
[size=75][b]1991 GMC Sonoma Extended Cb[/b] - 4.3L Automatic, 2" BL, 31" BFG's.
[b]1992 Chevy T-10 Reg Cab[/b] - 4.3L 5spd, 3" Bl, 31" Mud Tires. Hooker long tube headers and true duals.
[b]1999 Oldsmobile Bravada[/b] - Wifes truck, all stock.[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

henry can you tack this whole thread onto the bigger long arm thread?? thanks. dont want to lose the info, just consolidate :-)
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not an option, sorry. Copy paste and quote are the best you can do. There is no merge function.
There are only two posts here. Deleting this thread would not lose much. I'll leave it up for a little while.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK