SAS done - PICS

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

SAS done - PICS

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Stats:
88 Waggy D44's w/ flat tops from 77 D44. 4.88's w/ ARB Front and Detroit rear.
ARB compressor mounted in stock vehicle jack compartment (a little loud in the cab but its not on long).
All pro toyota 5.5" lift flexy leaf springs.
TT Fab's D44 Spring perches.
FS Ford shock towers.
Bilstein 5150 14" travel shocks.
Tom Woods D-shafts.
Transfer Case Express 231HD case.
Novak Adapt 231 manual shift kit.
Sky-Mfg shackle hangers.
AA-Mfg rear disk brake brackets w/ El Dorado calipers.
Custom tie rod/drag link, front spring mount, front shackles, flat skid plate (using modified stock crossmembers).

Oh yeah, Im 5'11"

What need improvement/future mods (when I get the money):
1. Spring rate too low. Gonna go w/ custom Alcan's and drop from 5.5" to 3" or so of lift.
2. Steering wheel off center/bump steer: Buballoo advised to go w/ a pan-hard bar to help center axle. Sounds like a good idea and am gonna do that.
3. 33's right now, gonna go to 35's.
4. Still got the cutout flares to put on.
5. Possibly go w/ a DD machine 231 doubler.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks Outf__cking Standing!!!!!!!!!!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Sweeeeet!!!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

VERY NICE!!!!! I Likey!!!!!
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

f9k9 wrote:Image

Looks Out Standing!!!!!!!!!!
I agree :cheers:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Grunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Grunto »

Awsome!

Does it ride a little rougher?
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

Thanks guys. Yeah, it rides rougher than stock IFS - to be expected though. But Im also a little used to the feeling because the wife has a jeep. If youre not used to a solid axle vehicle it'll be a shock. I also had the stock s10 suspension on so it was really soft, kinda like jumping on a pillow-top mattress.

Main problem is the bump-steer. bubaloo suggested a pan-hard bar. gonna talk to the shop about putting one in.

Other problem is the front d-shaft angle. Shop is gonna call tom-woods and see if I can get a different CV shaft. Im also looking at the DDmachine 231-231 adapter and running dual t-cases = lower gearing and longer front d-shaft.

Its real fun to drive. I can see over most full size trucks, and I still got "small" used 33" tires. I havnt been off road yet so I cant comment but Im gonna try and take it out tomorrow for a small photo session.
[size=75]Never get into an argument with an idiot. They only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:thumb: Awesome truck and nice Job on there. Hey, if you are looking for something to work with your setup, try Driveshaft Superstore. Tom Woods is a great place, but they really don't have anything that works with a front rear shackle setup. The Superstore has a sweet one that has 7" of travel. And they did it perfect the first time. Tom woods does have one very long travel one, but it's not good at highway speed and way too much travel. Also, check out my fixed output conversion for a nice inexpensive fix from the stock front output. All you need is a second hand NP231, which is easy to find.

And is the panard thing you talking about the same thing as a track bar? That will keep it straight. I requested that be put on mine also when it was built. Some people don't want to mess with it, but I like the feel of the ride way better with it. I also finally have an anti-sway bar setup on mine which is very easy to disconnect when wheeling.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
kauaibuilt47
Crew
Crew

Post by kauaibuilt47 »

quickbiker wrote:And is the panard thing you talking about the same thing as a track bar? That will keep it straight. I requested that be put on mine also when it was built. Some people don't want to mess with it, but I like the feel of the ride way better with it. I also finally have an anti-sway bar setup on mine which is very easy to disconnect when wheeling.
Pan hard = Trac bar.

I really think that'll help too. Im thinking about the sway bar too, I just wanna get everything else squared away first.

I ordered the 231HD from transfercase express, already has the fixed F/R outputs, 1.5" chain, and floor shifter (I never did like the electric shifter). What I am thinking about is doing a 231-231 doubler (DDMachine off pirate4x4). That'll give me the longer front d-shaft I need.