Ok I searched high and low on wheel bearing upgrades...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Ok I searched high and low on wheel bearing upgrades...

Post by purduecrew »

Is there an UPGRADE out there for our front hubs? Like is the ZR2 part # any stronger, does it fit? etc. I have searched for an hour, and found nothing on upgrades... any input or just get stock replacements??? Also the front passenger cv shaft spit its boot out finally, grease everywhere. hope that 180 mile drive home dont tear it up!
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
LonestarZ
Crew
Crew

Post by LonestarZ »

180 mile drive should not be a issue if it just happened. Hell my drivers side CV shaft spit grease 6 months ago and I am only now getting around to change it out.(the whole axle next week)

As far as wheel bearing the discussions I have read suggest aftermarket wheel bearings are inferior to the OEM. My suggestion, go to the dealership and get the part number for the wheel bearing you need then go to gmpartsdirect.com and buy it for half the price.

As far as how to change it their is a good write up here. (Even though it covers a ZR2 it should be very similiar.)

Hope that helps.
Last edited by LonestarZ on Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Dave

[url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?a=member&id=545]2002 ZR2 5spd[/url][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

yah I appreciate the info...was just curious if the zr2 part # was a direct replacement for the crew, and if it was any beefier?
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
LonestarZ
Crew
Crew

Post by LonestarZ »

I don't think their is even a different part number. Like I said go to a dealership and ask.. that would be your best option IMO.
[size=75]Dave

[url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?a=member&id=545]2002 ZR2 5spd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I replaced my left hub with a NAPA assembly. I am not sure that there is a huge difference. I have never had problems with the NAPA replacement hub/bearing assemblies.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK