SFA conversion

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SFA conversion

Post by Razorback »

Split topic-HJ

I would love to have the 6inch superlift but it would be cheaper for me to do a SFA conversion because i already have a couple of waggy's lying around because my dad was wanting do his and my truck......

If me and my dad ever get to it and finish it i will be glad to show yall what it will look like... (Justin's truck is about the height i like but with some 37's with 20's instead & I'll probably buy Justins fenders later because of the extreme shipment charges it would be because i live on the other side of the U.S. and he lives in Canada)...... :?:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Be sure to check out Quickbiker's truck. It is the ultimate SFA crew IMO.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, I think so too Henryj, thanks! I just had the same shop that did mine weld on a couple tabs and frame nuts for an awsome anti-sway bar setup. Now I can haul a load withough getting sea-sick. It's very easy to disconnect when off-road, and I leave it connected when side-hilling.

My truck was built with the whole idea of getting maximum approach/departure angles, but also getting 35's underneath it with the least possible lift with spring over also. It was quite a challenge, and the guy at the shopis the best in the field in my opinion. He understands off-roading and builds for off-roading. So, it was a quite a challenge to get a rig built like this and still be very streetable. I drive mine everyday, it's just too fun to leave at home. :D
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Looks and Sounds like you have a good offroad machine... :D

Is that BadAss's truck in the pic... :shock:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Razorback wrote:...Is that BadAss's truck in the pic... :shock:
Yes. One of the first SFA S-10s here. His is rolling on 20s.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

What size tires is he running or have you heard of what he used on his conversion... :( 8)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

found a few items in a local salvage yard - , SAS / SFA , What is involved? , I need help with lifts
Bad_Ass_S-10 wrote:...I spent 2500 to do my truck ( not counting wheels and tires ) thats new springs, rebuild both Dana 44 axles, 4.88 gears,stainless steel brake lines,new/ longer drive shaft, u bolts, steel, chrome molly tubing, everything - and an IFS kit cost 1750, body lift 250, and what ever gears/ locker cost you depends on if you do them or not but you aretalking 500 - 1000 -

with a 6" lift and 3" boby lift you can fit 35's ????
I fit 39"s and if I wanted I could change my 8" springs out for 12" springs and ride on 44's but thats too much on out 4.3's even with 4.88 gears
If you click on a members profile you will see a link in there to all their posts This gives you the first line or so of the post and you can quickly scan them for the information that you are looking for :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

So if he has 8 inch springs that means he has about 14 1/2 inches of lift in springs because if you do a spring over it's like almost automatically 6 1/2 inches of lift over a spring under plus his 8 inch springs...

If he a body lift and also depending on how long his shackle mounts are and if he has a block and how long it is could make up even more possibly 17 or 18 and maybe even 20 inches of lift ...

It's a good looking truck but that's probably to much for me... i guess about 35's or 37's would be my neighbor hood of likness..

I think Justin said he had 18 inches of lift with a 6 inch springs and a body lift. (I wonder how long his shackle mounts were and his blocks)... :(
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Has anyone heard from Justin?? :?:
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

i had 3 inch blocks in the rear with 2 inch lift shackles plus 4 inch lift springs. aswell the spring mounts were custom made to provide a higher mounting point. so approx 16 inches of lift. I eventually added a track bar front and rear as my steering was all over the place . it helped center the axles. all i did after that was match the front up with the rear. but the front was actually slightly taller in the rear. I loved hat truck it was just to extreme, i literally had to jump into it :)

edit plus body lift
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Thanks for your help and truck specifications..... :D
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

So if your rear shackle mounts are 2 inches then how long are your front shackle mounts??!! :(
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

rear shackles are 2 inches of lift over stock shackle mounts are the same as stock. my front shackle mountes were made i think about 4 inches under the front bumber or so from what i can remember.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Thanks for your help and (that's from the center of the bolt hole)... :D