Bady and susp. lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bady and susp. lift

Post by gairbear »

K... I was just looking at a BL from performance accessories. They say that it's not recommended to sue a BL along with a susp. lift.

WHY?

Gair
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Just to cover their rear from a liability standpoint. Higher center of gravity + rollover = lawsuit. Same reason why AMC or Jeep stopped using the term "roll bar" and started using the term "light Bar" after a big settlement when the roll bar failed and an occupant was killed.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

Oh...so it's really ok to do then?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gairbear wrote:Oh...so it's really ok to do then?
IMO it is fine! Many have combined the 2 lifts.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

It worked fine for me but i did have to tighten down the body several times and i didnt have to do that befor the superlift kit . so go for it.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

go go gadget job promotion (pending)